EXALT Base Raid (EU2012)
|Mission Briefing & Objectives|
Under your direction, our covert ops section has located the EXALT base. It is hidden in plain sight, atop a skyscraper. Knock it out to deal a decisive blow to EXALT.
Source: XCOM: Enemy Within DLC
- The EXALT base is in a large cubic map, in an office/residence atop a Skyscraper. You are dropped off near a Helipad. Inside consists of a foyer, that splits to a library/sitting room and a sparse Situation Room (where Annette's photo is visible) (rooms and floor plan are symmetrical), and to a large sunken central room (with surrounding high hallways) with EXALT's own bootleg Hologlobe.
- There are paths that reach around on the outside of the building on the perimeter, but no EXALT members are hidden out there and approaching from there doesn't give many more tactical options than a frontal assault.
- The roof is accessible and there are also no EXALT there. You may have some success firing down through the skylights for the elevated bonus, but the line of sight from the skylights to ground level is quite restrictive.
- Overhead images of the base can be found at EXALT HQ Assault map page.
- There are no airdropped EXALT squads.
- Expect several squads of EXALT Elite units inside.
- A Squad lies in wait in the Library, and another in the Situation room; either one may have a third.
- Another squad is in the 'hallway' that opens up into EXALT's Mission Control/Hologlobe room.
- In the pit to the right of the Hologlobe, you may find another squad, who will often attempt to stay hidden by taking cover flush against the wall.
- Finally, what will often be the last squad will be across the room from the Hologlobe; this squad includes an Elite Heavy who seems particularly eager to fire off his rocket.
- 4 Recovered Art (worth §20 on Easy, §10 on all other difficulties)
- 3 EXALT Artifact (worth §40 on Easy, §20 on all other difficulties)
- 1 EXALT Technology (worth §100 on Easy, §50 on all other difficulties)
EXALT's base is a lesson in extravagance: paintings of their presumed leaders (as seen on the right image) and sculptures, luxurious furniture, wines, and large fur rugs (whose size suggests there are tigers and zebras about 10 feet long, shoulder to hip). As satisfying as it is to 'thank' EXALT for all the trouble they've given you by smashing everything, there are many unique artifacts that fetch a fair price on the Grey Market (or you can hold on to as a memento).
Given the actually fairly sparse skeleton crew of EXALT operatives (including the lack of air-dropped backup), and the scattered papers abound, it's evident that EXALT was aware of your approach, and had only just recently abandoned their base. Indeed, in front of the crimson Hologlobe sits a Big Daddy's Chair™ near a heavy seal on the floor (which could hide, for example, an escape shaft), but no sign of the one who sat there: you must have just missed him.
With their base compromised, and their computer data in your hands, EXALT is as good as dead-- at least in this form. But with their leadership still possibly on the loose, only time will tell if, or when, they will again make themselves known.