An advanced reconnaissance satellite modified to detect the unique gravitational distortions caused by alien craft in flight.
Source: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012)
- Base Costs: §100, 5 Engineers.
- Foundry Upgrades:
- Stealth Satellites: Makes satellites more difficult for UFOs to detect and destroy.
- A country's panic level receives an instant reduction when a satellite is deployed above it.
- Countries with active satellites are not subject to Alien Abductions.
- Corollary: When you get down to a few countries without satellites, they'll be hit with the three abduction-mission choices! This can spike some past saving (at the end of the month) if you're not careful.
- Satellites secure funding and rewards from each country with coverage.
- As the loading tips point out, satellites are liable to be shot down if you ignore UFOs over that country. See Stealth Satellites for more information.