병영 (롱 워 리밸런스)
The contents of this article are outdated, missing key info, confusing or constructed in a discussion format. Possibly due to EXALT sabotage. Please help fight the alien menace by updating or correcting the information on this page.
The campaign starts with 40 soldiers, unless starting with France's "Foreign Legion", in which case you start with 60 soldiers. The capacity of the Barracks is 100, this is including SHIVs. There are following options:
- View Soldiers. Here you can see the statistics and current status of your ground forces, and you can also customize them, change their equipment, promote them or fire them. However, unless the Barracks' capacity is full, there is never reason to fire your soldiers, as they draw no salary.
- View the Memorial. Here you can see information about the soldiers who died in combat, as well as the cause of their death.
- Hire Soldiers. Each new soldier costs §25 on all difficulties. They take 9 days to arrive.
- Officer Training School. You can buy officer training programs here. See Officer Training School (Long War).
- Officer Promotions. Here you can choose which of your soldiers should become an officer, and to what rank they should be promoted. You can only assign titles that have already been purchased at the officers' school. Officers should have high will stat, as they share it with the rest of the squad via the Lead by Example perk.
- Visit the Psi Labs. Test soldiers to discover their psionic ability. Each test lasts 5-8 days, this depends on soldier's will, which also determines the success chance. See Psionic Labs (Long War).
Compared to vanilla XCOM Enemy Unknown/Within, the Officer Training School has changed dramatically. Many of the vanilla upgrades have been removed and instead replaced with Officer training programs.
Cannot be torn down once built.
Officer training programs
In addition, upgrades are unlocked based on the total ranks of living Soldiers during the game, instead of the vanilla requirements of a single soldier at a specific rank.
|Increases to squad size and Officer training programs (Long War)|
|Squad Size I||Increases the maximum squad size by 1, to a total of 7, allowing 1 additional Soldier, MEC Trooper or S.H.I.V. on most missions.||-||40||200|
|Squad Size II||Increases the maximum squad size by 1, to a total of 8, allowing 1 additional Soldier, MEC Trooper or S.H.I.V. on most missions.||Squad Size I||115||200|
|Tactical Officers||Allows the promotion of 3 Soldiers to Lieutenants.||-||20||100|
|Company Officers||Allows the promotion of 2 additional Lieutenants, and allows the promotion of 2 Lieutenants to Captains.||Tactical Officers||45||200|
|Field Officers||Allows the promotion of 2 additional Lieutenants and Captains, and allows the promotion of 2 Captains to Majors.||Company Officers||75||300|
|Regiment Officers||Allows the promotion of 2 additional Lieutenants, Captains and Majors, and allows the promotion of 2 Majors to Colonels.||Field Officers||110||400|
|Commanding Officer||Allows the promotion of 1 additional Lieutenant, Captain, Major and Colonel, and allows the promotion of 1 Colonel to Field Commander.||Regiment Officers||150||500|
The total ranks are determined by adding the rank count of all living Soldiers together. Keep in mind that Privates have a rank count of 0, so hiring a ton of Privates will not unlock any upgrades.
|Soldier ranks (Long War)|
|Rank||Rank count||Officer rank available|
|Master Sergeant||7||Field Commander|