Chitin Plating (EU2012)
Light plating made from the Chryssalid exoskeleton, this material provides additional protection and a significant reduction to melee damage sustained.
Source: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012)
Light plating made from the Chryssalid exoskeleton, this material provides additional protection and a significant reduction to melee damage sustained. It's also sturdy enough to provide a strangulation countermeasure.
Source: XCOM: Enemy Within DLC
- This is equipped in the item slot, not in the armor slot.
- This makes a great equipment item for someone low on HP, or an Assault class (with Titan armor and Extra Conditioning, that's +18 Armor HP). +4HP is nothing to sneeze at.
- 50% damage reduction from melee attacks is amazing. Chryssalids and Berserkers are some of the most dangerous enemies in the game, since melee attacks never miss.
- You can do with only 2 or 3 Chitin Platings for the whole game, and you should be able to get that many Chryssalids in the first two or three missions where they spawn.
- If you want many Chryssalid corpses, rush for alien base raid at april. You will get about 10 of them.