Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Chryssalid is a terrifying alien assault unit. Only semi-intelligent, these creatures close to melee disquietingly fast, where they are very effective.
Chryssalids grow larger with maturity.
- Burrowed chryssalids can be revealed by Scanning Protocol or Battle Scanners, otherwise getting too close will cause them to unburrow and possibly charge as a reaction.
- Units killed while under the effect of Chryssalid Poison become cocoons that will spawn additional chryssalids.
- Chryssalid Poison does not go away on its own. To save a poisoned unit, they must be healed, evacuated from combat, or the mission must be finished.
- Unlike viper poison, medkits do not prevent Chryssalid Poison, but they will heal it.
- Chryssalids can and will kill nearby civilians to create new chryssalids.
|Ability||Effected Ranks||Chance to Adopt While Active|