City Maps (Apocalypse)
Cities get much larger and more complicated as the difficulty increases, forcing you to cover more ground and protect more buildings.
- White - perimeter walls
- Light Grey - buildings
- Grey - industrial areas
- Dark Grey - roads and tubes
- Black - remnants of the old city and beyond
- Green - grassland, trees, undeveloped land
Mix And Match
It is possible to play any difficulty with a different cityscape! Each difficulty has its own city-map file and building-style file contained within the UFODATA folder. Each pair must be changed together. Make a copy of these ten files somewhere as a backup.
The # denotes a number according to the difficulty: 1 is Novice, 2 is Medium, etc.
- CITYMAP# file contains the layout of the city. (Note: these files not have a suffix)
- CITYMAP#.BLD contains the name, ownershup, and size of the buildings for that particular CITYMAP.
Rename both files by changing the number to what you want, then start a new game. (Eg: playing a superhuman game by using the novice citymap)
Note: The CITYMAP.DAT file contains all the information about the tiles that make up the whole city.