Compiling with Xcode (OpenXcom)
To successfully build an OpenXcom OSX bundle you will need to ensure all the relevant dependencies installed in /usr/local/.
To successfully build an OpenXcom OSX bundle you will need to ensure s all the relevant dependencies installed in /usr/local/.
The dependencies you require are following:
- cmake, version 3.12.0 or later
- SDL (libsdl1.2)
- SDL_mixer (libsdl-mixer1.2)
- SDL_gfx (libsdl-gfx1.2), version 2.0.22 or later
- SDL_image (libsdl-image1.2)
- yaml-cpp, version 0.5 or later
We recommend using Homebrew to facilitate this. With a working brew utility installed, run the following:
$ brew install cmake yaml-cpp --with-static-lib sdl sdl_gfx sdl_image sdl_mixer --with-flac --with-libmikmod --with-libvorbis --with-static-lib
This should install all of these necessary dependencies to their appropriate place under /usr/local.
- In the root of the repository, generate the Makefile with cmake (Release is also a valid build type):
cmake . -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Debug" -G Xcode
- Open the
- Copy your vanilla game assets (UFO/TFTD) into the
- Build with cmd-B.
- Your artifact will be named
openxcom.appin the build target directory (Debug or Release) from the root of the repository.