The Flamethrower is a heavy weapon in XCOM 2. Like all heavy weapons, it can only be mounted on heavy armor.
This wrist-mounted flamethrower relies on a super-pressurized fuel canister and a very focused nozzle to unleash a deadly cone of fire on multiple enemies.
Fire Flamethrower: Sprays flames in a cone-shaped area.
- The Flamethrower is an area-of-effect weapon that can lay waste to part of the battlefield.
- It is useful against multiple enemies, and at close quarters. Robotic enemies will be resistant or immune to its effects, however.
- Organic enemies may panic when targeted by the Flamethrower.
- The EXO Suit and WAR suit can only carry a single charge of the Flamethrower per mission in their heavy weapon slots.
- The Flamethrower allows the user to spray a cone of fire in the targeted direction. Enemies hit by the flamethrower have a chance of being inflicted by the Burning status effect, which deals damage for a limited amount of turns and impairs the affected unit's ability to use special skills. Organic enemies caught in the flames also have a chance to panic, making them unable to move or attack after performing a random action for a single turn. Robotic enemies however will take reduced effects from burning when they are affected by it at all, and cannot be panicked.
- Base damage is 4-6 with an average of 5 and a 10% chance to get additional point of damage.