Gene Mods (LWR)
|Berserker Interrogation||Confers +20 will when defending against Psi attacks and immunity to all forms of panic. If the soldier is mind controlled, the control is cancelled and the soldier is stunned for 1 turn instead. Neural damped soldiers cannot learn psionic skills and psionic soldiers cannot be neural damped.||§110||14||7|
|Berserker Interrogation||Medikits and Restorative Mist heal 2 HP more when used on the soldier.
Confers complete immunity to acid.
|Xenogenetics||Height advantage grants an additional +20 crit.||§90||10||5|
|Xenogenetics||Grants +20 aim on any shot after a miss.||§140||20||10|
|Muton Interrogation||Overloads the adrenal glands; when this soldier takes an action, there is a chance (10% per enemy in sight) that the soldier emits pheromones that grants 10 aim, 5 crit, 1.2 mob, and removes panic from all soldiers in LoS. The buff lasts for 2 turns. Can only occur once every 5 turns.||§150||22||11|
|Muton Interrogation||Causes soldiers to bleed out instead of dying the first time they go to zero health in a mission. The bleed-out timer is extended by 2 turns.||§70||6||3|
|Muton Elite Interrogation||Grants +6 mobility and +30 defense when below 50% HP.||§80||8||4|
|Muton Elite Interrogation||All damage taken is reduced by 1.||§130||18||9|
|Chryssalid Autopsy||Grants superhuman leg strength, enabling the soldier to reach high positions without the need for ladders or other climbing aids.||§120||16||8|
|Chryssalid Autopsy||This soldier recovers from injuries 25% faster and regenerates 1 base (non-armor) HP each turn (amount can vary on certain aliens).||§100||12||6|
Gene Mod Bundling
Gene mods, when being applied to a soldier, will only take as long as the longest mod, and will only cost as many credits as the most expensive mod. Thus, it may be most practical to apply multiple genetic modifications to a soldier at the same time. This can save credits and time away from battle. Unlike the time and credit costs, the meld costs do stack cumulatively.
Gene Mod Interactions
- Secondary Heart does not protect the Volunteer from mortal wounds. A fatal shot will kill him/her instead of triggering the perk. This behavior only pertains to the final mission, it is a vanilla mechanic.
- Neural Damping is unavailable to Psi-trained troops.
- It is also possible to "switch" between any of two GeneMod types within each slot categories for a cost.
- Gene modded troopers lose their gene modded benefits when becoming a MEC. MEC troopers cannot get gene mods.
- Firing a rocket always counts as a miss, activating the Hyper Reactive Pupils bonus. However the aim bonus does not reduce rocket scatter.