Haven Management (LW2)
Havens represent a liberated region of the geoscape and is the hub of information for both XCom's and ADVENT's strength in the region.
Resistance personnel can be assigned jobs from either the geoscape tower icon or the commander's quarters of the Avenger. Personnel represent resistance members and are not soldiers. they will only fight in specific types of battles involving the haven. The personnel can be assigned one of four jobs:
- Intel: generate a small amount of the intel resource and discover missions in the region. Intel will reveal advent activities, they are always here, you just do not know about them yet
- Supplies: generate supplies resources which will be delivered at the end of the month in the supply drop.
- Recruit: attempt to find new resistance rebels, soldiers, scientists, and engineers. Rebels will immediately be available for work when discovered while soldiers will become available in the recruitment list aboard the Avenger. Through recruitment activities there is a 67% chance that new recruits will be haven rebels and 33% chance that they will be soldiers available for recruitment. Once a haven has 13 rebels, it changes to approximately 20% chance of rebels and 80% chance for soldiers. If the area is liberated, you get a 3% chance for scientists and 3% chance for engineers.
- Hidden: perform no production, this doesn't help reduce the ADVENT strength(Alert level) in the region, but it helps to avoid haven raids.
You can have up to 13 haven personnel actively assigned, any more personnel in the haven will automatically be hidden an cannot be assigned. They can be used as a buffer for retaliation
Resistance personnel can also be acquired as mission rewards. Personnel can gain up to two ranks indicated by zero, one, or two stars next to their names. They are more effective at their task and gain random soldier perks.
The ADVENT strength stat describes the number of troops in this region and will increase the baseline enemy strength of missions in the region. Any personnel action besides hidden will cause this to rise. ADVENT strength is retroactive for missions currently being infiltrated, thus you may notice changes in enemy strength between discovery and execution of a mission.
One XCom soldier, scientist, or engineer can be assigned as an liaison to a region by clicking the box in the upper left of the management screen. Having a liaison will increase efficiency by 20% for the respective job except for soldiers helping with the recruitment activity which has more complicated math involved due to officer ranks (if applicable). Having a region liberated and having a radio tower each increase efficiency by another 20% in that region (the two bonuses will stack).
- Soldiers: boost the recruitment action and are the only way to discover ADVENT infiltrators. The soldier will also be available on any mission in which the resistance personnel take up arms.
- Scientists: boosts intel jobs.
- Engineer: boosts supply jobs.
Soldier rank increases their effectiveness and any equipment the soldier had equipped before assignment will be available to them on haven missions.
New resistance personnel can be ADVENT infiltrators, the only indication that this is the case is an "unknown cause" penalty to your monthly supply reward. Faceless infiltrators will steal 20% of the supplies generated in each haven, per faceless in that haven.
On recruiting a new rebel, there's a base 16% chance that the rebel is a faceless infiltrator. This chance is doubled with the Haven Infiltrator Dark Event active, and reduced by 40% each if the soldier liaison is a Specialist with Scanning Protocol, a Psi Operative with Mind Merge, or has a Battle Scanner equipped.
Assigning a soldier liaison to a haven will eventually reveal the infiltrators and initiate a rendezvous mission to eliminate them, but Officers and Psi Operatives will increase the speed at which they are revealed.
Finishing a rendezvous mission does not necessarily mean all faceless in the region have succesfully been eliminated.
Changing your liason does not reset progress in detecting any faceless (per xwynns)
As the resistance grows stronger and more organized in a region, ADVENT will eventually notice the rebel's actions and try to stop them. They will engage in a number of operations called Retaliations against groups of rebels or even the entire haven. It's up to XCom to defend them as even when they are armed, simple rebels are no match to ADVENT forces. Retaliations can be either :
- Full retaliations Those target an entire Haven. Ignoring or totally failing a Full Retaliation will lead to all your rebels in the region being killed and the haven being empty. It's possible to prevent those missions as there will always be a Destroy the Relay mission with "Prevent Resistance Data Leak" as reward before the actual retaliation. Winning that mission will prevent the Retaliation completely and ensure the haven is safe. If you can't respond to the Retaliation or lose all your rebels during it's course it's still possible (but slow) to rebuild a Haven by using a soldier liaison to recruit new rebels.
- Mini retaliations (also called Raids) will target a specific job and all Rebels doing the job. Depending on the targeted activity the advisor may also show up in the mission but only soldier advisors will ever be armed. Ignoring a mini-retaliation will kill all rebels on that particular job and that job will be unavailable for some time. The advisor will also die if he was supposed to be in the mission. It's possible to attempt and fail a mission without loosing the rebels (especially for Intel Raids), in this case the job will still be locked for the same duration.
Both mini and full retaliations require a minimum Alert Level and active rebels count before they trigger.
|Required||Min Rebels on duty
|Full Retaliation||4||5||All||Haven Defense
|Intel Raid||3||3||Soldier / Scientist||Protect the datatap|
|Supply Raid||4||3||Soldier / Engineer||Protect Supply Convoy|
|Recruit Raid||4||3||Soldier||Escort Recruiters|
- Full Retaliations evaluates the rebels on every job(except hiding job) while mini retaliations only consider rebels doing that particular job (so 6+ rebels on intel will never trigger a supply raid).
- Faceless "rebels" count as double to determine the min rebels on duty so 4 rebels on a particular job, two of them being faceless is enough to trigger the raid for that job. This means it's theoretically possible to trigger a raid with only 3 rebels if all of them are faceless.
ADVENT Strength Transfer
Once a haven has been liberated, it stops generating new missions. This means that there is no chance of any retaliation missions happening (and you can put all of your rebels on a given mission). Haven Invasions will happen if Advent can get sufficiently high Advent Strength moved into an adjacent region. you can prevent invasion by doing first step of invasion(Supply Line Raid) on liberated region before the invasion.
All jobs in liberated regions have a 20% bonus. After a certain time period, liberated regions will begin to produce 50% of the supplies they originally produced, this is to simulate the effects of running out of material to scavenge. Each region will have a random amount of set supplies (between 2000 and 3000) with your starting region having 2500 supplies.