MEC variant of the Assault and Infantry classes. Marauders are designed to get up close and personal, causing havoc at close range with point blank flanking shots, flamethrowers and kinetic strikes.
- Primary Weapon: MEC Primary Weapons
- Secondary Weapon: MEC Secondary Weapon Systems
- Class-Limited items: MEC Equipment items
The first use of the Kinetic Strike Module each turn will leave this unit with 1 AP but movement is reduced by 50% if the next action is a move.
Grants immunity to critical hits. For XCOM only: Grants Steadfast.
Immunity to panic (except from flames or psionics) and grants 30 will when defending against psionic attacks and overpower.
Close Combat Specialist
Grants a reaction shot at any enemy within 4 tiles that acts or moves >1 tile. Basic reaction shots bypass half of cover def and cannot crit. One shot per enemy each turn. Only activates on the enemy's turn.
Allows 2 reaction shots during overwatch. Grants +2 ammo to primary weapons. Grants +50% DR against the first hit taken when overwatching.
Attacks from enemies within 4 tiles graze, dealing only half of their original damage.
Reactive Targeting Sensors
Once per turn, if this unit is shot at: Return fire with a +20 aim reaction shot that bypasses cover DR and then enter One For All (if able). [Basic reaction shots bypass half of cover def and cannot crit]
When activated, grants +2 mobility and the ability to jump to normally inaccessible heights for the rest of the turn. 2 turn cooldown.
Lock N' Load
Reloading any weapon costs only 1 AP. Dashing automatically reloads the active weapon.
Reaction shots bypass cover DR and can critically hit. Reaction shots from sniper and strike rifles gain +50% weapon damage.
Grants proximity-based DR if the damage is within 10 tiles (+5% DR per tile up to +50% at point blank).
Repairs damage sustained in battle: When damaged, gain servos equal to half the damage sustained. At the end of your turn, use up to 4 servos (each servo heals 1 HP).
All shots with the primary weapon gain +15 aim against biologic targets.
Bring 'Em On
Grants the primary weapon additional damage equal to 1 + half the number of enemies in sight.
Grants +1.3 mobility and increases the movement bonus when dashing to +40% (from +20%).
Grants +1 armor HP, +0.6 mobility, and a 10% chance for all end-in-idle actions to cost 0 AP.
Close Quarters Tank Marauder
This build aims to maximize the tanking capabilities of the Marauder to enter deep into ennemy lines, surgically strike a target with Onslaught, and disrupt AI positionning with flanking and/or using flamethrower. It shines most on close quarter maps (abductions, terrors and exalt missions) as the Marauder's tanking perks rely on being close to danger to be effective.
Sample Close Combat Tank Build:
Fortified -> Brawler -> Jetboot Module -> Shock-Absorbent Armor -> Repair Servos -> Sprinter
Recommended Equipment: Kinetic Strike Module, Flamethrower, The Thumper, Incinerator Module, Core Plating, Alloy Carbide Plating
- You will sadly have to shoot sometimes instead of punch, repair servos could be dropped for one of the more offensive perk but it cuts into the tanking capabilities.
- Choice between Light and Heavy mech exoskeleton is left to the Commander's discretion. It is mostly a trade-off between mobility and reliable tanking ability.
This build aims to make use of Close Combat Specialist boosted by Impact and Opportunist to deliver devastating and disruptive reaction fire at close range. Ideally the Marauder can run up to a group of ennemies, punch a high value target with Onslaught, then use CCS to its full effect on the ennemy turn. Besides Shock Absorbent Armor and the Mech suit inherent durability, this build has no other tanking capabilities. While very rewarding when used effectively keep in mind that poor positionning may quickly result in a dead Marauder.
Sample CCS Build:
Close Combat Specialist -> Impact-> Opportunist -> Shock-Absorbent Armor -> Bring 'Em On -> Sprinter
Recommended Equipment: Kinetic Strike Module, Flamethrower, The Thumper, Battle Computer, Core Plating, Alloy Carbide Plating, Ammo Module
- For added tanking capabilities, Impact could be switched out for Brawler at the cost of halved stagger chance.
- Choice between Light and Heavy mech exoskeleton is left to the Commander's discretion. Keep in mind that without Jetboot module, this Marauder build will be quite slow in Heavy exoskeleton.
This build aims to make the Marauder more of a tanky mid-range fighter thanks to the combo of Sentry and Reactive Targeting Sensors. When fired upon, this Marauder will first shoot the agressor with the first shot of Sentry and shrug off the incoming hit thanks to the 50% DR provided. Reactive Targeting Sensors will then trigger and deliver a second shot before finally putting the Marauder into One for All to face other eventual incoming shots. While this build is less reliant on being close to be effective at tanking and shooting it still suffers from middling aim (70 - 75) and thus still enjoys being close to ennemies to get a much needed aim boost and of course to use Onslaught more reliably.
Sample Overwatch Build: Sentry -> Reactive Targeting Sensors -> Opportunist or Lock N' Load -> Shock-Absorbent Armor -> Bring 'Em On or Sharpshooter -> Extra Conditioning
Recommended Equipment: Kinetic Strike Module, Ammo Module, The Thumper, Battle Computer, Core Plating, Alloy Carbide Plating
- Opportunist is better for raw damage to boost Sentry reaction shots and allow the RTS shot to crit. Lock N' Load will result in less upfront damage but less downtime as you don t need to skip a turn to reload.
- Bring 'Em On will provide more damage. Sharpshooter will fix the middling aim of the Marauder when fighting biologicals
- Choice between Light and Heavy mech exoskeleton is left to the Commander's discretion. Mobility is a bit less important on this build so a Heavy exoskeleton might be preferable.