MEC variant of the Assault and Infantry classes. Marauders are designed to get up close and personal, causing havoc at close range with point blank flanking shots, flamethrowers and kinetic strikes.
- Primary Weapon: MEC Primary Weapons
- Secondary Weapon: MEC Secondary Weapon Systems
- Class-Limited items: MEC Equipment items
The first use of the Kinetic Strike Module each turn will leave this unit with 1 AP but reduces mobility to 3.3 tiles during their next action. Grants Ram [If this unit moves at least 8 tiles in a mostly straight line towards the tile directly in front of an enemy, this unit will hit that enemy for x melee damage, where x is 35% of (Max HP - Enemy Max HP + Tiles Moved)].
Reactive Targeting Sensors
Once per turn, if this unit is attacked by anything besides a grenade/MiNE: Return fire with a +40 aim reaction shot and then enter One For All (if able). [Basic reaction shots bypass half of cover def and cannot crit]
Close Combat Specialist
Grants +20 aim against targets within 4 tiles. Grants a reaction shot at any enemy within 4 tiles that acts. Reaction shot only activates on enemy's turn, once per enemy, and if hit chance >50. [Basic reaction shots bypass half of cover DR/def, cannot crit, and require hit chance >30]
When activated, grants +3.3 mobility and the ability to jump to normally inaccessible heights for the rest of the turn. 2 turn cooldown. Does not break hidden abilities (Cloaking, Shadow, Concealment, Stealth, or Ghosting).
Grants +1 damage and +20 aim against targets within 4 tiles. Counterattacks melee attacks with damage equal to this unit's max base HP.
Grants +2 armor HP and %DR equal to half of the %HP lost.
Grants immunity to critical hits and +10 base DR. For XCOM only: Grants Steadfast.
Immunity to panic (except from flames or psionics) and grants 30 will when defending against psionic attacks and overpower.
All shots with the primary weapon gain +15 aim against biologic targets.
Lock N' Load
Reloading any weapon costs only 1 AP. Dashing automatically reloads the active weapon.
If at full HP, repulses any attack against this unit, causing it to graze (dealing only half of the original damage).
Grants +1.3 mobility and increases the movement bonus when dashing to +40% (from +20%).
Repairs damage sustained in battle: When damaged, gain servos equal to 45% of the damage sustained. Each servo can heal 1 HP. At end of turn, use half the servos available (minimum 1, if available).
Grants +2 armor HP, +0.6 mobility, and a 10% chance for all end-in-idle actions to cost 0 AP.
Bring 'Em On
Grants shots and grenades additional damage equal to half the number of enemies in sight or squadsight. Attacks against this unit have a chance to graze (dealing half their original damage) equal to 5x the number of enemies in sight or squadsight.
This unit does not trigger reaction shots and is cleared of enemy overwatch when walking (not dashing). After repositioning, grants +2 crit damage and +30 crit until next turn.
Vital Point Targeting
Shots against humans and autopsied biological aliens deal 30% more damage when they are steadied or against targets not protected by cover.
Close Quarters Tank Marauder
This build aims to maximize the tanking capabilities of the Marauder to enter deep into ennemy lines, surgically strike a target with Onslaught, and disrupt AI positionning with flanking and/or using flamethrower. It shines most on close quarter maps (abductions, terrors and exalt missions) as the Marauder's tanking perks rely on being close to danger to be effective.
Sample Close Combat Tank Build:
Fortified -> Brawler -> Jetboot Module -> Repulsor Plating -> Repair Servos -> Sprinter
Recommended Equipment: Kinetic Strike Module, Flamethrower, The Thumper, Incinerator Module, Core Plating, Alloy Carbide Plating
- You will sadly have to shoot sometimes instead of punch, repair servos could be dropped for one of the more offensive perk but it cuts into the tanking capabilities.
- Choice between Light and Heavy mech exoskeleton is left to the Commander's discretion. It is mostly a trade-off between mobility and reliable tanking ability.
This build aims to make use of Close Combat Specialist boosted by Impact and Opportunist to deliver devastating and disruptive reaction fire at close range. Ideally the Marauder can run up to a group of enemies, punch a high value target with Onslaught, then use CCS to its full effect on the enemy turn. Besides Repulsor Plating and the Mech suit inherent durability, this build has no other tanking capabilities. While very rewarding when used effectively keep in mind that poor positioning may quickly result in a dead Marauder.
Sample CCS Build:
Close Combat Specialist -> Impact or Brawler-> Opportunist or Lock N' Load -> Repulsor Plating -> Bring 'Em On -> Sprinter
Recommended Equipment: Kinetic Strike Module, Flamethrower, The Thumper, Battle Computer, Core Plating, Alloy Carbide Plating, Ammo Module
- For added tanking capabilities, Impact could be switched out for Brawler at the cost of halved stagger chance.
- Opportunist will allow beefy crits while unloading with Close Combat Specialist. Lock N' Load grants more offensive uptime and is essentially a mobility boost as you can dash and reload into enemy lines for another round of reaction shots.
- Choice between Light and Heavy mech exoskeleton is left to the Commander's discretion. Keep in mind that without Jetboot module, this Marauder build will be quite slow in Heavy exoskeleton.
This build aims to make the Marauder more of a tanky mid-range fighter thanks to the combo of Sentry and Reactive Targeting Sensors. When fired upon, this Marauder will first shoot the agressor with the first shot of Sentry and shrug off the incoming hit thanks to the 50% DR provided. Reactive Targeting Sensors will then trigger and deliver a second shot before finally putting the Marauder into One for All to face other eventual incoming shots. While this build is less reliant on being close to be effective at tanking and shooting it still suffers from middling aim (70 - 75) and thus still enjoys being close to ennemies to get a much needed aim boost and of course to use Onslaught more reliably.
Sample Overwatch Build: Sentry -> Reactive Targeting Sensors -> Opportunist or Lock N' Load -> Repulsor Plating -> Bring 'Em On or Sharpshooter -> Extra Conditioning
Recommended Equipment: Kinetic Strike Module, Ammo Module, The Thumper, Battle Computer, Core Plating, Alloy Carbide Plating
- Opportunist is better for raw damage to boost Sentry reaction shots and allow the RTS shot to crit. Lock N' Load will result in less upfront damage but less downtime as you don t need to skip a turn to reload.
- Bring 'Em On will provide more damage. Sharpshooter will fix the middling aim of the Marauder when fighting biologicals
- Choice between Light and Heavy mech exoskeleton is left to the Commander's discretion. Mobility is a bit less important on this build so a Heavy exoskeleton might be preferable.