Official Entry: " The first wave of Alien incursions resulted in many genetic experiments involving crossbreeding humans and the Alien species known as Sectoids. These hybrids have survived in human society, but they have been denied the right to procreate within the city. They also suffer discrimination in employment and education. Although they are genetically almost identical to humans, they retain some Alien facial characteristics and are renowned (and distrusted) for their Psionic abilities. Hybrids Psionic abilities may well prove useful to X-COM in the war against the Aliens. The Mutant Alliance is active in city politics and promotes the concerns of the hybrid community."
- Hybrid recruits will only be available for hire if the Mutant Alliance's relations towards X-COM are 0 or above. Being "neutral towards X-COM" may not be enough ("neutral" means relations are between -24 and 24).
- On Superhuman difficulty, there is a chance that the Mutant Alliance's relations towards X-COM will start out slightly negative, making Hybrids unavailable for hire at the start of the game.
- Saving the Sectoids in the Food Chamber mission will give a massive boost to relations between X-COM and the Mutant Alliance. Furthermore, the Alliance will become hostile to the Aliens if it wasn't already.
- The Mutant Alliance is resistant to Alien Infiltration; it will progress at half the normal speed.
- Mutant Alliance buildings are moderately protected: 7-12 Building Security, usually with good armaments (starting Tech Level 3). These guards are always humans rather than hybrids, presumably sympathizers or mercenaries. This may indicate that hybrids, being second-class citizens, are prohibited from carrying weapons without special permission (such as X-COM Agents).
- If the Mutant Alliance becomes hostile to X-COM, it may sometimes send the same number of well-armed Corporate Hoods to raid an X-COM base.
- When raiding a Mutant Alliance building, X-COM agents may find the following basic loot on the floor:
For more information, see Raid Loot Tables.