Muton Elite (EU2012)
Muton Elites are upgraded versions of regular Mutons, with better stats and carrying heavier armor and a Heavy Plasma and Alien Grenades. They're one of the last aliens to be encountered and will always be present in the Overseer UFO mission, escorting the Ethereal present at the UFO's bridge.
In addition to their improved stats over regular Mutons, Elites have an innate +20 Defense (+30 on Classic/Impossible), which turns them into a bigger pain to kill.
Although Muton Elites don't have the Blood Call ability of regular Mutons, they'll receive its bonuses if any of their lesser cousins is present and decides to use it.
|Weapon||Base Damage||Critical Damage||Critical Chance|
|Muton Elite Heavy Plasma||8-10||13 or 15||10|
|Can fire a special shot that grants reaction fire at a single target if it moves. The target also suffers a -30 Aim penalty.|
|Throw or launch grenades over exceptionally long distances.|
- Muton Elites start appearing in September (vanilla) or February (Marathon).
- If killed during a successful mission a Muton Elite Corpse will be recovered.
- If captured during a mission and interrogated afterwards, they will provide a bonus reduction on All Weapons technology.
- Capturing a Muton Elite will also recover intact its Heavy Plasma, which can be used later by your troops after it's researched, as well as its Alien Grenade, which can be used immediately without any research required.
- On the Enemy Within DLC, Muton Elites have 18 Health points on Classic difficulty and 20 HPs on Impossible.
- The red armor of the Berserkers and Elites may be referencing the Red-Suited Commander Muton (AKA Mr. Angry Red Suit), only seen during the intro of the 1994 game.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012): Aliens|
|Aliens:||Sectoid • Floater • Thin Man • Outsider • Muton • Chryssalid • Zombie • Sectoid Commander • Cyberdisc • Heavy Floater • Berserker • Sectopod • Drone • Muton Elite • Ethereal • Uber Ethereal (*Spoilers*) • Mechtoid (EW DLC) • Seeker (EW DLC)|
|Alien Corpses:||Sectoid Corpse • Floater Corpse • Thin Man Corpse • Muton Corpse • Chryssalid Corpse • Drone Wreck • Cyberdisc Wreck • Sectoid Commander Corpse • Heavy Floater Corpse • Berserker Corpse • Muton Elite Corpse • Sectopod Wreck • Ethereal Corpse • Seeker Wreck (EW DLC) • Mechtoid Core (EW DLC)|
|Data:||Overview of Aliens • Alien Stats • Alien Objectives • Alien Deployment|