Sentient Engine Liberation Front
Official Entry: "The city edict of 2076 effectively banished Androids from most areas of city life. They were forced into slum areas and treated as little more than vermin. They considered themselves to be artificial life forms of equal intellect to human beings and decided to fight back. S.E.L.F. is an organization dedicated to fight for equality for all sentient life forms, whether flesh or machine. Their activity has been limited to pressure group politics, but there are demands within their ranks to resort to more direct, violent action."
- Android recruits will only be available for hire if S.E.L.F.'s relations towards X-COM are 0 or above. Being "neutral towards X-COM" may not be enough ("neutral" means relations are between -24 and 24).
- On Superhuman difficulty, there is a chance that S.E.L.F.'s relations towards X-COM will start out slightly negative, making Androids unavailable for hire at the start of the game.
- This organization cannot be infiltrated by the Aliens.
- S.E.L.F. buildings are moderately protected: 7-12 Building Security, usually with good armaments (starting Tech Level 3). These guards are always humans rather than androids, presumably sympathizers or mercenaries. This may indicate that androids, being second-class citizens, are prohibited from carrying weapons without special permission (such as X-COM Agents).
- If S.E.L.F. becomes hostile to X-COM, it may sometimes send the same number of well-armed Corporate Hoods to raid an X-COM base.
- When raiding a S.E.L.F. building, X-COM agents may find the following basic loot on the floor:
For more information, see Raid Loot Tables.