Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Sectoid enjoys a somewhat elevated position in the alien hierarchy since the formation of the ADVENT coalition. Extensively modified with human genetics, the Sectiod is much more physically imposing than they have been in the past. Armed with a wrist mounted plasma weapon and powerful psionics, they serve as either patrol leaders for ADVENT grunts, or support for more independent aliens patrols.
Eventually, Sectoid Commanders will be seen in the field. Possessing more psionic power than common Sectoids, they are substantively more dangerous.
- Mindspin is resisted using the target's will score, making Sectoids very effective against shaken soldiers.
- Disorienting or killing a Sectoid will remove active psionic effects, which includes de-animating psi-zombies.
- Sectoids will reanimate corpses in view even if their pod hasn't been activated.
- Sectoids have a hidden perk called "Sectoid Melee Vulnerability" have causes them to take extra damage from melee attacks.
- In Long War 2, Sectoids are more likely to take flank shots than they were in vanilla.
|Ability||Effected Ranks||Chance to Adopt While Active|
|Conditioning 1||All ranks||75%|
|Conditioning 2||All ranks||75%|
|Conditioning 3||All ranks||75%|
|Advanced Servos||All ranks||60%|