- Dark events are easy to detect but happen in many regions, contacting new regions is the best way to stop dark events.
- Doing missions in a region builds up "vigilance" in a region which is the hidden variable that garners Advent's attention and causes them to send supply raids and such to increase Advent Strength in a region.
- Increases to Advent Strength is retroactive to missions that are being infiltrated, thus you may get higher enemy strength by the time the mission launches than you had planned for.
- Valuable corpses, supplies and alien materials are mainly supplied in enemy materiel missions, these missions appear more often in regions with high advent strength, and reduce said strength by one, taking a harder mission by launching the mission early can give you more advanced corpses and help make future missions in the region easier
- The GTS (Guerrilla tactics school) can be rushed out, and then the "Wet Work" upgrade can be purchased to both assist with squad leader training and gaining more high ranking troops
- Advent Trooper Corpses are important only in giving the autopsy and for Alloy Plating, the rest can be sold or rendered. Last option is better in late game, when you might find yourself short on alloys and/or elerium, since it's fast and doesn't hinder your production.
- Purchasing staff is a great way to even out lopsided engineer to scientist ratio's and high level recruits available are quite cheap
- If You have revealed the Advent HQ in a region, attack it asap. Advent strength will most likely go up because of your shenanigans.