Talk:Damage Modifiers (Apocalypse)
Armour Damage influence
Does anyone know how Armour is counted into the final damage calculations?
Does it just flat out change the soldiers Damage Modifier from Human to Megapol Armour and then only uses the Megapol Armour damage table or is there some more math involved, where the Human modifiers are taken first and then the Armour modifiers are added on top of that? Bard (talk) 18:07, 10 November 2019 (CET)
- I honestly don't know, although it's only really relevant to Toxin A/B/C (for everything else, either Human is transparent or they're both zero anyway). Magic9mushroom (talk) 03:57, 11 November 2019 (CET)
- So after testing a bit, I've found out that all hired units will use the "X-COM Agent/Biochemist/Mechanic/Quantum Physicist" category, which all are assigned with the "Human" Damage Modifier. This means that Androids will again be assigned the Human modifier, even if you have fixed the "Android" category to use the Android Damage Modifier.
- In fact, I think the "Android" category might only be used for the S.E.L.F. units, whenever you Raid or Investigate a building owned by S.E.L.F., this also means that Androids that appear in other organisations like Cult of Sirius or Megapol will also use the "Human" Damage Modifier.
- As for the armour, the testing was like this:
- 100 Stun Gas and Stun Damage on the unit - 0 Stun Gas and Stun Damage on the Megapol Armour -> Unit with full Megapol Armour did not fall asleep.
- However, if you took off one or more pieces of the Megapol Armour, the stun damage you received became stronger. Units with about 5 TU's inside Stun Gas will still instantly fall asleep by turning or taking another step even if only the Left Arm is missing, just like always. While when spamming the Stun Grapple it would only increase the Stun Damage to a certain point, with only one equipment piece missing, and wouldn't further increase the Stun Damage received, no matter how many attacks were done in that one turn.
- 0 Stun Gas and Stun Damage on the unit - 100 Stun Gas and Stun Damage on the Megapol Armour -> Unit with full Megapol Armour did not fall asleep.
- 0 Stun Gas and Stun Damage on the unit - 200 Stun Gas and Stun Damage on the Megapol Armour -> Unit with full Megapol Armour did not fall asleep.
- So a sort of conclusion is, the Damage Modifier of the armour is calculated after the units Damage Modifier, along with a sort of hard cap on the final damage received, similar to how there is a hard cap on how high stats can be improved or how Multiworms will only fall unconscious if you damage them first. With each individual piece of Armour also being somehow counted into all of that.