Very unsure why there is a base management section on this page, probably needs removing and a pointer to the main management page replacing it. --Sfnhltb 04:30, 4 March 2007 (PST)
- The base management section is really meant to be an explanation on the second half of where all the action on the Geoscape takes place, the base screen. It's not meant to give tips on how to manage the base, but give an overview of what you can do with it. Perhaps a better title might disambiguate its intent? A link to base management tips and tricks would make a great See Also topic. -NKF
- Hmm, the way I am considering to change it too - this part should be mostly mechanical - explain how to intercept and do recovery missions, place a new base, rotate and zoom, describe what will appear on here (bases, ufos, alien bases, terror missions) and link down to each of them. Links to the more in depth topics on all items which already exist for most of the above, possibly rework the Alien Base Assault to be an Alien Base article (it already redirects from there and includes most of the material), make sure terror missions include the pre-mission bits (about how bad it is to ignore them and such).
- The main omission then would be that we dont have a 'pure' X-Com base' article which would need adding, which could handle the top level explanation of the purpose, and main elements of the base at the top level - very brief where to place and a pointer to the more detailed topic, how to place facilities and a pointer to the main topic, brief + pointer to manufacturing and research top level articles, how to buy/sell/transfer and pointer to that article, explain the parts of the base screen that have no existing article, and so on. --Sfnhltb 21:10, 4 March 2007 (PST)
Can someone put in what Waypoints and Terror Missions are shown as on the geoscape, I am drawing a blank and cant run UFO at the moment to check because I have VPC running and they interfere with each other (rather I think DosBox does, but could be either). I seem to remember waypoints being some fairly low contrast X, but not sure whether its yellow, green or what. Terror missions I am thinking pink, but not sure what symbol, unless its a square again same as bases? Needs more links as well but I will go back to fix up the new base article that took the bottom half of this article before I come back and polish this one. --Sfnhltb 09:21, 5 March 2007 (PST)
- Cool, graphics what a good idea. And today I learned why sometimes the names disappear and reappear on the world view... --Sfnhltb 12:52, 5 March 2007 (PST)
- Yeah I was about to put the graphics up myself until I saw the changes. You stole my idea! :D
- I never knew there was a key to toggle the country borders and all, always wondered why sometimes they would dissappear. --Pi Masta 13:22, 5 March 2007 (PST)
Re: Merging Geoscape's intercept section and the Intercept window
AQ: I think we keep it as is, but maybe we can simplify the descriptions on this page to the barest essentials and link it to the other page for information. As per the older discussion on this talk page, this section is really just a general overview of what the Geoscape is what you can do in it.
-NKF 00:38, 24 December 2008 (CST)
- NKF: Alright, that works fine. I'll get at it tomorrow when I'm awake. :) Arrow Quivershaft 02:14, 24 December 2008 (CST)