Talk:Ghost Armor (EU2012)
Ghost Mode sans cover
(Need verification: I regularly trigger Ghost mode without cover.) -Vallen Chaos Valiant
- The game documentation indicates you need cover, and I have been unable, so far, to trigger Ghost Mode with a COMPLETELY exposed soldier. Are you sure? Perhaps your soldier had partial/low cover in one direction; as far as I can tell, as long as you have cover in at least one direction, you can cloak. Even if you're counted as being flanked at that time!
- Also, perhaps you can trigger Ghost Mode while exposed, *IF* not in alien LOS. I haven't controlled for that, but I know that a unit that decloaks in alien LOS cannot recloak without entering cover of some sort. Arrow Quivershaft 02:49, 29 October 2012 (EDT)
- I can confirm that Ghost mode can be activated without any cover and while in alien LOS. I use it all the time with my Scouts/Assault. Hobbes 05:03, 29 October 2012 (EDT)
Ghost mode stuck on
I know people normally only talk about bugs that hurt them, but this was one that helped me. On two occasions on the Xbox version of the game I've had Ghost mode stay on for longer than 1 turn.
- The first time it stayed on for the whole remainder of the mission for one of my soldiers, across turns and even after firing. (It was the first or one of the first times that I'd used ghost armor, so I didn't realize it was weird in order to look for anything that might have caused it.) It was awesome.
- The second time it happened I had a ghosted soldier that panicked during the alien turn and ran to a different location, and then when it was my turn again he was still ghosted. After I regained control and took an action it went back to normal.
- If you check the pages of the original game you'll see plenty of bugs being used for the player's advantage. If you could determine what causes it exactly just add it to the Bugs page. :) Hobbes 03:52, 20 January 2013 (EST)
- To guess, I'd say the ghost effect is supposed to be cleared once you next take control of the unit. Panicking delays - or outright breaks - that trigger, maybe? Would be interesting to test.
- Saw a video of a multiplayer match once where apparently the ghost effect didn't stop when it should've. Must admit I skipped over most of it. Have a memory that the combat drugs the guy used also refused to wear off, dunno if there's any relation there. - Bomb Bloke (Talk/Contribs) 08:53, 21 January 2013 (EST)