for values less than 28, you have to go through special gyrations (these were "control characters" for DOS).
Actually, the control characters date back to the days of the typewriter, or rather, teletypes. More upon request. Actually, I came here looking for a means of making screenshots – ye goode olde printscreen returnse false colors and whatnot, it's not even psycedelic (or very much so). --Schnobs 19:39, 2 November 2007 (PDT)
- CE? Press F12 - screens will be stored as .tga files in the game directory. - NKF 19:44, 2 November 2007 (PDT)
- I play the DOS version via DosBox. When I have the game full screen, any PrintScreen attempt looks like pure crap, with apparently only a few things being captured. But all I have to do is un-fullscreen, by Alt-Tabbing out (NOT by Ctrl-Enter). Once back to regular WinXP, I just PrintScreen. Yes, XCOM is then only a smaller box on my whole desktop, but all the colors are right, etc. I can crop the XCOM window and magnify it if I want.
- Does that help? Hmm, that Info page could probably use this note about screencaps. And NKF's too. - MikeTheRed 19:48, 2 November 2007 (PDT)
Move to delete?
Most (if not all) of the info on this page is found on the MS-Edit page. In fact, it's almost a carbon copy. Should we remove this page and link everything to Ms-Edit instead? --Zombie 22:53, 9 April 2009 (EDT)
- I say go for it. There is brief mention of a few other editors, but the core of the article is mainly how to use MS-Edit. -NKF 00:39, 10 April 2009 (EDT)
- Agreed. Where to put the little snipped on UGE? Spike 07:24, 10 April 2009 (EDT)
- Sure. But do redirect all the old links. Is NKF's useful comment about F12 for CE screencaps (above) on the page yet? -MikeTheRed 19:30, 10 April 2009 (EDT)
- Deleted redundant MS-Edit info. The What links here page says there are about 13 pages that link to this page. Should this just become a general Hex Editor directory rather than deleting it entirely? -NKF 04:05, 24 August 2009 (EDT)
- Thanks NKF for stripping out the last meat. Death to the page! Spike 06:44, 24 August 2009 (EDT)
- NKF, I think we should just have it redirect to Game_editors#Useful_Generic_File_Editors. It looks to me like everything on Hacker Tools is also present there, and in a more organized fashion. There's a prominent link to the MS-Edit page there, too. Death to the page!! -MikeTheRed 11:32, 3 September 2012 (EDT)