Once this comes available, you really do not need Marsec Armor anymore; teleportation is far easier and faster than flying, although unreliable when the teleporter is low on power.
--Karp 00:14, 20 August 2008 (PDT)
- Actually, it is still useful. It allows you to teleport in mid-air. It's not an essential trait, but it's there.
- Personally, I like to go for full disrupter armor myself - well before teleporters. The invulnerability (as long as durability holds out) to all explosives but the vortex mine really helps in a pinch makes being grounded worth it. Still, I like to at least have one Marsec torso plate on hand to keep the options open. -NKF 00:28, 20 August 2008 (PDT)
- Didn't think of that. Usually I haven't been able to fit the flying pack along with all things explosive into my agents' backpacks.
- -Karp 00:46, 20 August 2008 (PDT)
So about how well (if at all) do the Aliens tend to use these things, any idea? Sunflash 15:28, 24 January 2010 (EST)
- They use them well, although the surprise effect would work better if you couldn't hear the sound when they are activated. The aliens use them best during UFO assaults when troops inside the UFO teleport themselves to the outside and attack you from an unexpected position. Hobbes 15:44, 24 January 2010 (EST)