- Don't worry too much about categories since I got that one covered and I'm aiming to keep the categories consistent with the rest of the wiki. I've created a template for HQ Facilities for better presentation of data. Hobbes (talk) 12:59, 10 June 2014 (EDT)
Hello there, I plan to use Template for perks on the Long War wiki. Due to constant changes and perks used on more than a couple of occassions, it gets difficult to monitor all pages where the perk is used. When one of them is changed, it will be easier in my opinion to just edit the template instead of editing all articles containing the perk. Have a look and tell me what you think: http://ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Template:Tactical_Sense_%28Long_War%29
- Good idea. That way when perks are changed we only need to update one spot. Will also make it easier to keep the wording the same between class pages. I'd rather only use the template for perks that are used in multiple classes though, no need to fill up the template namespace for class-specific perks (though I think there are actually few perks that are completely class-specific). Another thing to note is that some perks are totally different between classes (such as Snap Shot for rocketeers and snipers), in which case it makes more sense to have different text describing the perk as it pertains to that class. Binkyuk (talk) 16:39, 23 August 2014 (EDT)
- Almost all multipurpose perks have an extended description, taking into account various uses or classes (or even distinguishing between humans and aliens). A good part of the current descriptions on the wiki are adapted ones, I plan to use those that are within the game files, more precisely XComGame.int. Here are two examples:
- Snapshot -For snipers, removes the sniper rifle's restriction on firing and Overwatch after taking a costly action. Any shots taken after using any costly action suffer a -10 Aim penalty. For rocketeers, reduces the aim penalty for launching a rocket after taking a costly action.
- Repair - For X-Com, grants +2 Arc Thrower charges. On drones, allows repair of robotic units.
The perks are also used when describing alien species and Exalt troops, thus most of them are used at least on two occasions on the wiki. Bear in mind that some items also grant perks and I would like to include them in the item's description. In Long war enemies receive a lot more perks as the game progresses, so there will be a lot more to write down. I will create and apply afterwards all perk templates to existing and future articles, I would just like to see if it is fine with you. Thank you in advance.
Hello. Just wanted to point out an inaccuracy I found on the Long War Tech Tree - as it currently stands, it says Pulse Lasers require Elerium as a pre-requisite tech (along with Advenced Bean Lasers). But in actual fact it's Alien Power Systems. Maybe this was changed in a current Beta and you already know about it, but I thought I'd drop you a message to be sure...--Ferretinabun (talk) 11:40, 13 May 2015 (EDT)
- Thanks for the heads up, but can you be more specific? The Tech Tree in my b15d2 folder and the Research (Long War) page seem to agree with you that Pulse Lasers depends on Alien Power Systems. Can you link to the inaccuracy? Binkyuk (talk) 17:42, 14 May 2015 (EDT)
Hello, just wanted to drop a note here. On the Alien Life Forms page for Long War, you undid another user's edit in which they mentioned that Cyberdiscs generally start landed stating that they didn't. I just wanted to point out that unless the Cyberdisc patrols into you, they do indeed start landed on the ground whenever you activate them if you were the one to stumble upon them. His advice about stacking crit chance while landed and keeping them suppressed there were both valid tactics for dealing with them. I invite you to doctor up his contribution and replace the erroneously removed edit of his.
- Interesting. I'd not noticed flyers always starting on the ground if you find them, though it's been a while so I'm not 100% sure of the converse either. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to test it, so I'm not keen to add it back in myself. You feel free though if you're sure. Binkyuk (talk) 19:25, 25 November 2015 (EST)
Alt Text Multiline
Yeah...not gonna happen without modifying the wiki's CSS I'm afraid. At the least we need
white-space: pre; set for those images, but the better option (and the one I want to do but don't have access to make the necessary changes) would be to have a div underneath the ability display when that icon is rolled-over. See User_talk:Hobbes#User_CSS . I can't even get the CSS tags from the NewCSS extension to work so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . --Tvol (talk) 04:33, 31 January 2017 (UTC)