Compatibility with Seb76's loader (UFO Extender)
Hi there, thanks for making this available. Does it work with Seb76's loader? Spike 14:43, 8 December 2009 (EST)
- It should, since it only edits SOLDIER.DAT. :) --Zombie 16:10, 8 December 2009 (EST)
- Zombie is perfectly correct, it is almost fully compatible with Seb76's loader. Only 2 issues arise, the "save equipment feature" is for some reason designed to recognise soldiers based on their names. This means that whenever a soldier gains level, the name will change, and thus the soldier's equipment setup will be forgotten. Second, the "reorganize soldiers feature" that allows you to swap soldier positions in flight will be overritten whenever the soldiers are updated. --Necuno 20:24, 8 December 2009 (EST)
- "Save equipment feature" incompatibility solved as of 16:28, 28 December 2009 (EST) by Seb76 whose loader now recognizes soldiers based on non-name information. --Necuno 21:07, 5 February 2010 (EST)
Hi there. Any chance of uploading the file in zip format as well as RAR? Other than on Macs, rar decoders don't seem to be as widely used, and I once had to search for ages to find a usable one. Thanks in advance... Spike 12:46, 9 December 2009 (EST)
- Sure, np --Necuno 14:34, 9 December 2009 (EST)
So far I am just reading the documentation but you have done loads of work. It is very thorough and well thought out. I am impressed. What I am really looking forward to with using it is eliminating the problem of soldier micromanagement, both during base management and also during battles. Spike 17:01, 10 December 2009 (EST)
- Thank you! It has been a brainchild of mine for some time, I can only hope people will enjoy using it as much as I do. --Necuno 18:22, 10 December 2009 (EST)
A version for OpenXcom?
I really like the UFO Classes utility. You did a great job.
Now that OpenXcom is feature complete, I thought I'd give it a try. But alas, I can't use UFO Classes with it. Is there any chance that a version can be made to work with it? The save format seems to be different, so I don't know if it's possible or how hard it would be.
Thanks again for your work. Hope I can use it with OpenXcom soon. --Unknown user 00:08, 3 June 2013 (EST)
- Thank you, I am glad to hear that people enjoy my work and I must apologize for not replying earlier. Prior to your message I was unaware of the OpenXcom project and had therefore not considered a port. I will look into the possibilities and will definitely take a closer look at OpenXcom within the next few weeks. --Necuno 03:28, 28 January 2014 (EST)