You're clearly an experienced wiki editor, so out of curiousity, I looked up your username on Wikipedia. I was amused to find we've both edited the Phoenix Command article (I'm the IP at the top, and in the spirit of full disclosure, Father Goose when logged in).--Ethereal Cereal 21:10, 3 March 2007 (PST)
- Ah yeah, I still have a complete set of the manuals for that, but havent played in years now. Great game system, we used to have a lot of fun with it. --Sfnhltb 21:37, 3 March 2007 (PST)
Concept for front page rearrangement
- Move Battlescape to the second column,
- switch all the second column to the first,
- rename Logistics to X-COM and put it above the alien section.
- Add an X-COM Base article to be included in the X-COM section, possibly sit it above soldiers, craft, manufacturing etc
- Create a low level how-to of research, similar to the Manufacturing topic that covers the basics, maybe steal and/or copy some of the low level stuff from the existing research topic
- Move economics to the first column under X-COM as well
- Maybe cut down the intro text, (move it elsewhere?) so that more of the contents is seen without scrolling down. Besides if the aliens started appearing in 1999, why did they form lots of organisations to fight them in 1998?
Idea behind this being the first two columns explain the two main areas of the game and their subforms at a basic level, the third column is intermediate level in complexity, and the final column is for the deeper stuff. Fairly similar to how it is now, but just making the split between geoscape and battlescape to make for a clearer split.
- All sounds good to me. Research should be moved to under X-COM as well. And I'll fold "Research Tips" into Research in the near future.--Ethereal Cereal 01:04, 5 March 2007 (PST)
- I see no problems with any of the suggested changes. We keep changing the layout from time to time, and if it allows for better organisation, go for it. I've been wondering if something should be done about the title image though. Either scaling it down a bit or perhaps putting up something else.
- As for the intro: I believe it's the other way around. The aliens were known before 1999, X-com itself was only formed in 1999 after several failed attempts by others. Or somesuch. -NKF
- Create Manufactured Item template, apply it to each item applicable
- Research available from each Alien Rank
- Check up the entire second (Battlescape) column articles for standardisation
- Check up the entire third (Strategy) column articles for standardisation
- Check up the entire third (Technical) column articles for standardisation
- Alien stats template (one for terrorists, one for other races maybe?)
- Get each of the icon images on the Geoscape and add to the specific page to show what they look like on the world view