Weapons have a number of properties. Here we have two examples, the Sonic Blaster Rifle and the Harpoon Clip.
Most weapons are some form of projectile weapon and will require ammo, the Harpoon Clip for example works with the Jet Harpoon gun. Things to note about these objects are:
- Size - Describing how many inventory tiles the object takes up
- Image - Giving a visual description of the object if possible
- Weight - Which accumulates on troopers as encumberance and affects movement speed.
- D. Threshold - Item Destruction Threshold, the amount of damage the object can take before being destroyed
- Grip - 1 Handed or 2 Handed which influences accuracy
- Firing Modes - Time Unit costs and Accuracy at a given firing mode. Dashed if inapplicable.
- Damage - Amount and type of damage inflicted when loaded.
- Capacity - Maximum number of shots that may be fired with full ammunition.
- Sale Price - Price when sold.
- Research - Researched required to use the object.
- Acquisition - Either Manufactured or Purchased with associated costs.
Once again, X-COM is supplied with a diverse selection of standard weapons to wield in its war against the watery alien menace. However, unlike the first alien war, the new line of weapons are mainly geared towards fighting underwater.
Particle Disturbance Grenade
The line of weapons X-COM technicians have developed to combat the alien menace offer improved damage over the more conventional harpoon weapons. The earlier models of Gauss weapons offer high capacity ammunition magazines. They work well on land and at sea.
The bulk of the weapons used by the alien invaders make use of ultra powerful and highly concentrated sonic waves that literally shatters matter in an instant. They are powered by a Zrbite power source. The amount of damage caused by sonic weapons completely outclasses everything in X-COM's diverse but meager arsenal.
Disruptor Pulse Launcher
Thermal Shok Launcher
Weapons By Ammunition Types
Ammunition types and the weapons that utilise them.
Armor piercing rounds are standard rounds that specialize in piercing enemy armor. These come in the form of darts and shells propelled with compressed gas.
High Explosive (HE) is an area-effecting ammunition. Any unit or object within the blast radius will receive some amount of damage.
Also known as Incendiary. Phosphor ammunition creates an area-effect fire. The bonus of this form of ammunition is that it will continue to cause damage per turn until the fire dies out in addition to providing illumination. Phosphor rounds are half as effective underwater as they are on land.
Gauss ammunition fires is a high energy bolt at enemy targets with the same speed in or out of water. Gauss ammunition is relatively cheap high-end ammo and can be produced very quickly.
Sonic Ammunition is an alien based technology. It encapsulate a small amount of Zrbite to power the sonic weapons. Scientists are able to easily reverse engineer them for production.
The alien-based drills carry a chip of Zrbite, which provide a tremendous amount of energy that'll last the operational lifetime of any drill. They do not need any additional ammunition.
|Terror From The Deep: Equipment (TFTD)|
|Armor||Diving Suit • Plastic Aqua Armor • Ion Armor • Magnetic Ion Armor|
|Weapons|| Dart Gun • Jet Harpoon • Gas Cannon • Hydro-Jet Cannon • Torpedo Launcher • Thermal Tazer|
Magna-Blast Grenade • Particle Disturbance Grenade • Magna-Pack Explosive
|Portable Equipment||Dye Grenade • Particle Disturbance Sensor • Medi-Kit • Chemical-flare • M.C. Disruptor • M.C. Reader • Zrbite|
|SWS||Coelacanth/G. Cannon • Coelacanth/Aqua Jet • Coelacanth/Gauss • Displacer/Sonic • Displacer/PWT|
|Data||Weapon Summaries • TFTD Item destruction table • SWS/Terror Unit Innate Weapons|