"Move fast or die slow." -Zephyr
Zephyr is a hybrid and an available agent in XCOM: Chimera Squad.
Zephyr has no means of attacking from long range and cannot upgrade her weapon, but is nevertheless able to deal heavy damage in melee. Enemies not killed outright by her attacks are likely to suffer from the debuffs that they can inflict, allowing teammates to finish them off easily. She also possesses excellent mobility, allowing her to move quickly between targets or reach cover before enemies can retaliate.
|Cadet||Crippling Blow |
Zephyr performs a melee attack that has a chance to stun, disorient, disarm, or root. This attack cannot miss, and will also activate Momentum.
Zephyr can move after performing Crippling Strike, and is immune to being rooted.
|Fearless Advance |
Instead of firing during Breach Mode, Zephyr runs towards the enemy and performs a melee attack, positioning her near the enemy. If the targeted enemy was Alert, their Alert breach action will be cancelled.
|Deputy Agent||Parry |
Zephyr can forgo moving when Momentum is active to nullify all damage from the next enemy attack.
Zephyr automatically attacks enemies that enter melee range or try to use a melee attack.
|Pressure Point |
Killing blows knock enemies unconscious instead, and attacks deal +1 damage.
|Special Agent||Crowd Control |
Attacks all enemies in a wide area with kicks and punches. 2 turn cooldown.
|Senior Agent||Moving Target
Subdue and Crowd Control benefit from Momentum, and Zephyr no longer triggers Overwatch.
|Vital Strike |
Melee attacks bypass armor.
|Principal Agent||Reaper |
Downing an enemy with a melee attack allows an extra action, but each subsequent melee attack deals reduced damage. 4 turn cooldown.
|Training (Special Agent)||Unlock Potential |
|Training (Principal Agent)||High Impact |
Crowd Control applies a random debuff to targets.
- Unlike every other Agent, Zephyr has no weapon upgrades nor can her weapon be improved or replaced.
- Crippling Blow does 3-4 damage by default. This increases to 4-5 once Zephyr reaches Special Agent rank. The damage of attacks made with Lockdown and Crowd Control does not increase in this way.
- While it is not in the description, Moving Target also makes Zephyr immune to Root (caused by Ronins and Cobras).
- While Crippling Blow cannot miss, Lockdown doesn't have a 100% hit chance and can miss.
- While Lockdown requires an enemy to attack from melee range, it does not require the enemy to make a melee attack. Ranged attacks made against Zephyr or another target will trigger the ability.
- Lockdown will also trigger If a creature is moved into Zephyr's range by an ability such as Torque's Tongue Pull or Shelter's Relocate.
- Crippling Blow's Stun chance is much lower than the other debuffs and it occurs far less often.
- Fearless Advance breach action happens after Aggressive enemies have taken their shots. It does 3 damage, and does not apply any debuffs that Crippling Blow can.
- Against robotic enemies Crippling Blow can apply Shutdown.
Zephyr is a hybrid and former human who fought for ADVENT during the occupation. Zephyr was separated from the psionic network by the Skirmishers resistance faction later in the occupation, and fought with the Skirmishers against ADVENT during the war. Following her failure to discover anything about her pre-hybrid life, she joined Chimera Squad in the hopes of finding a new purpose in life.