Compiling with Make (OpenXcom)
Although using CMake is recommended to generate more robust Makefiles, OpenXcom also provides a basic Makefile for compilation. It tends to work well on Linux, but you may have to pass some custom flags to get things working on other operating systems.
- git (git)
- SDL (libsdl1.2-dev)
- SDL_mixer (libsdl-mixer1.2-dev)
- SDL_image (libsdl-image1.2-dev)
- SDL_gfx (libsdl-gfx1.2-dev), version 2.0.22 or later
- yaml-cpp (libyaml-cpp-dev), version 0.5 or later
- boost (libboost-dev), required as dependency for yaml-cpp 0.5.
Check the library websites if you can't find them with your distribution's package manager.
Don't forget to copy the X-Com resources to your bin folder as shown in Installing.
git clone https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom.git cd OpenXcom/src make -f Makefile.simple
On OSX, that last command (for me, at least) is:
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig CXX=/usr/bin/clang++ CXXFLAGS="-O2 -I/usr/local/Cellar/boost/1.57.0/include" make -f Makefile.simple -j10
You can now run the game from