Defending Mega Primus from Evil Space Aliens, a Beginner's Guide
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Getting Started With X-COM 3
This page is a rough guide based on my first few weeks with X-COM 3.
The names of the following sections are just filler for the time being.
Things that are new from X-COM 1 and 2
- Think about how to make your base easier to defend.
- Sell all your land vehicles.
- Buy hoverbikes and outfit them with lasers. Their starting guns are decent, but using lasers will save you some money, provided they don't get shot down. Also, capturing UFOs is important...
- Assign researchers
- Construct buildings: You'll need biology labs initially, once you get a bio transport module, there will be a lot of aliens to research. Physicists will not be needed until Week 2 when transporter UFOs start to show up, though you can hire some to stock up on them because there are only so many scientists available for hire each day. Be aware you'll have to pay salary for them at the end of the week though.
- Stun raiding for practice and money is a good idea, if you don't consider it cheating.
- Equip your soldiers
Day 2 onwards
- Dealing with UFOs: Capturing UFO type 3 is important so make sure you don't blow them all up. After capturing them though, you have the option of using heavier weapons such as janitor missiles if you prefer to blow them up and avoid a ground mission.
- New UFO types appear. Having a Valkyrie or other large air transport is very important at this point if you want to be able to capture Type 3 and above UFOs.