Gameplay Mechanics (EU2012)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- There are 6 types of actions: Move, Fire, Equipment, Hunker, Reload, Overwatch.
- Each unit can perform two actions during its turn.
- A unit can Move AND Fire (or use Equipment/Hunker/Reload/Overwatch) or Move AND Move or Equipment/Reload AND Move.
- Firing its primary weapon as the first action ends the unit's turn.
- Assaults acquire Move AND Fire (but not Move AND Equipment) when they obtain 'Run & Gun' ability.
- Assaults can Fire AND Fire when they obtain 'Rapid Fire' ability.
- Snipers are restricted on Firing/Overwatch after Moving, unless they have 'Snap Shot' ability.
- Snipers can Fire AND Fire (Standard/Precision/Disabling shots) after they have 'Double Tap' ability.
- Heavies can Move AND Fire, but not with the Rocket Launcher.
- Heavies can Fire AND Fire, after they have 'Bullet Swarm' ability, but not with the Rocket Launcher.
- What stats are involved?
- Can either Surpress Movement or Fire At Target (all classes?)
- Surpress Movement: Suppression (Heavy) -30% Aim to enemies.
- Surpress Movement: Improved Suppression (Heavy) -65% Aim to enemies, free shot if the target moves.
- Surpress Movement: Rifle Suppression (Support) -30% Aim to enemies, free shot if the target moves.
- Target Enemies: Rapid Reaction gives 2 shots to a Heavy, if the first hits, free shot if the target moves.
- Target Enemies: Improved Overwatch gives unlimited shots to Snipers as long as they keep hitting the target.
- Target Enemies: Covering Fire allows Supports to reaction fire at targets, not just movement.