Mind Shield (EU2012)
Developed using the cybernetic implants we removed from the skull of the Ethereal alien species, this device should allow for a greater resistance to offensive psi attacks.
Source: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012)
- Required Research: Ethereal Autopsy
- Base Costs: §150, 10 Alloys, 30 Elerium, 1 Ethereal Corpse, 35 Engineers
- Will Bonus: +30 Will
- Abilities: Gives additional 30% protection from psi attacks. Gives additional 30% chance to psi attacks.
- Having an Assault with a Mind Shield equipped can allow them to approach an Ethereal and Rapid Fire them. Should they miss, (which is unlikely) there is now a negligible chance that they will be mind controlled and used against you.
- While described as a Mind "Shield", the Will bonus is generic and is equally useful for boosting offensive Psi abilities.
- Unlike the Psi Armor, which can only be equipped by soldiers that have already tested positive for Psi ability, any soldier can equip Mind Shields.