Mission Control (Long War)
The Mission Control facility is run by Officer Bradford, who will notify you of the arrival of any upcoming reports or events, as well as advising on any mission matters.
A large room with a hologram of the Earth (and Moon) displays all the sighted UFOs and missions available, as well as XCOM's satellites and aircraft. Apart from the mouse, you can use the F1-F7 keys to rotate the hologlobe to each of the continents and poles.
- Scan for Activity. Accelerates time until something happens, such as:
- new UFO activity, either abduction, terror or new UFO detected
- the completion of a research or Foundry project
- the completion of excavation, construction of a facility or production
- the completion of psionic training, genetic modification, or MEC augmentation
- arrival of new soldiers or Interceptors
- Council request for a mission
- country request for alien artifacts, corpses, captives or items
- Covert Operative is ready for extraction
- Available missions and UFOs. Click to send your Skyranger to a mission site or intercept detected UFO with your interceptors.
- Earth button. Located in lower left, this button switches the appearance of the hologram to political view, showing the level of panic in countries.