Psi Lab (EU2012)
The chances of a soldier becoming Psionic depend on several factors:
- The soldier's Will stat.
- Its rank
- The number of already existing Psionic soldiers
- Whether Second Wave's More Than Human option is activated or not.
- If activated then the number of tested soldiers will count until you received your first Psionic.
If a soldier is a Major/Colonel, then the basic formula applies:
Psi chance = Soldier Will / 4
So a Major/Colonel soldier with a Will of 80 has a 20% chance of becoming a Psionic.
With other ranks lower than these two, things get a bit more complicated:
Psi Chance = (Soldier Will + Bonus)/4 Bonus = 75 - (Soldier Rank * 20) - (Six Existing Psionics * 40)
Soldier rank starts at 0 for Rookies, while if you already have 6 Psionic soldiers then the bonus gets decreased.
- A Squaddie with 45 Will and less than 6 Psionics already present in the Barracks would have a Psi Chance of (45 + (75 - 20))/4 or 25%.
- A Squaddie with 45 Will and 6 or more Psionics present would have a Psi Chance of (45 + (75 - 20 - 40) or 15%
A complete description of the code function can be found here.
More Than Human
If this option is enabled then the odds will be much lower but the game uses a different formula to ensure you'll get your first Psionic soldier on the first 6 soldiers you test. If you test 5 soldiers without any of them becoming Psionic then the 6th one will be a Psionic.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012): Base Facilities|
|Headquarters:||Mission Control • Hangar • Engineering • Research • Barracks • Situation Room|