Reapers are an alien terror unit accompanying Floaters. As with all terror units, they can be encountered in Terror Mission, Base Defences, Alien Base Assault, with a Terror Ship or Battleship, and finally Cydonia.
The Reaper's only means of attack is its bite. This means that it can't attack unless it's standing right next to its target, so as long as you're more than 12 squares away, it can't hurt you. The Reaper's main defense is that it has the highest health (148HP) of any unit in the game.
A Reaper has, however, been observed chewing a Tank/Rocket Launcher into scrap metal, so don't be complacent about leaving your tanks next to it, thinking that the cute bipedal doggy can't do any harm to them. Their TUs are also somewhat high, and their health means that they will normally need 3-4 hits to put down, unless you are using heavy plasma or incendiaries. So while Floaters should be prioritised as targets ahead of them, Reapers should not be completely ignored. They will happily eat anything they can get hold of.
TUs: 62-71 Health: 148 Energy: 90-104 Reactions: 64-79 Strength: 90-97 Bravery: 90 Psi Skill: N/A Psi Strength: 35-40 Damage: 90-97 Close Combat Accuracy: 80-92% TUs: 15
This bipedal carnivore has powerful jaws and a voracious appetite. It has a number of brain implants which are used to control its activity. The primitive predatory instincts of this creature are of little use except to terrorise and destroy. Reapers are commonly associated with Floaters.
The Reaper contains two 'brains' and two 'hearts' which allow it to function even when heavily wounded. However its furry skin is highly flammable, making the creature vulnerable to incendiary weapons.
The following are some miscellaneous notes on the Reaper:
- The Reaper's bite does 1.2x damage to unarmoured soldiers and civilians.
- It does 0.9x damage to tanks and hovertanks.
- It takes 1.7x damage from incendiary weapons. The Auto-Cannon with Incendiary rounds works well against it. Reapers have also been observed retreating from areas which were already on fire, although it is unknown whether or not this was deliberate.
- It's quite large, making for an easy target.
- Takes up 4 squares on the battlescape.
- Has very high strength.
- Quite low Psionic Strength, making it easier to mind-control and/or panic.
- If next to its target, the Reaper can attack up to 4 or 5 times in one turn.
|X-COM: Enemy Unknown/UFO Defense|
|X-COM||Soldiers • Heavy Weapons Platforms|
|Aliens:|| Floater • Sectoid • Snakeman • Ethereal • Muton|
|Stats||Time Units • Energy (Stamina) • Health • Bravery • Reactions • Firing Accuracy • Throwing Accuracy • Strength • Psionic Strength • Psionic Skill • Melee Accuracy • Stun • Morale • Rank • Fatal Wounds|
|Data||Alien Stats • Damage Modifiers • Alien Appearance Ratios • Alien Weapon Loadouts|