Talk:Personal Disruptor Shield
- Do multiple shields all work together, at once, or do they discharge one after another, when being attacked.
- Pretty sure Psionics are not stopped by shields, not sure on Laser, Plasma, Multiworm Spit, Hyperworm Bite.
Right, let's see...
Personal shields provide something like 100 or 200 temporary rechargeable hitpoints per shield (Will need to double check that amount). Each shield works and recharges independantly but the display on your agent's health bar is a combined total all of all the shields. Basically the bar that you see is:
Σ Remaining Shield Power ÷ Σ shield capacity
Or something like that. So it pays to examine your shields and drop weakened shields for a while so that they don't get destroyed.
Next, shields temporarily protect against all types of damage except: anti-alien toxin, air based stun attacks (not projectile) and Anti-Alien Gas.
Psi isn't a projectile or air-based agent so it also ignores shields. Fire doesn't damage shields, but the AI's automatic reaction to running away from flames still kicks in.
Shields also protect a unit from fall damage.
When any amount of disruptor shields are equipped, the protective fields merge and the blue "shield bar" shows the total of all shields. If I remember correctly, only once all combined shields fail, the entire array of personal disruptor shields are destroyed.
--Karp 04:05, 20 August 2008 (PDT)
- Shields work independently in the battlescape and will get destroyed individually as they lose power, but show a unified bar. The cityscape on the other hand combines them into one and zaps the lot once the energy is drained. Hmm, actually does anyone know how the game determines which shield to draw damage from? I'm guessing it might be some sort of first-on-the-list type of thing. - NKF 05:59, 20 August 2008 (PDT)
- Ugh... guess I remembered it wrong. But now this is getting a little confusing. Maybe the game assigns each shield it's own ID in combat that is used to determine the drain order or something? That would seem like a fairly practical system, but I'm no expert on the games mechanics.
- But I do seem to recall shields being destroyed in the backpack from top to bottom.
- --Karp 22:00, 20 August 2008 (PDT)
50% damage from all other sources?
I'm pretty sure the shield takes more than 50% damage from the Entropy Launcher. Otherwise it would take an average of 9% per Entropy Launcher hit, which is significantly lower than what I've observed. Magic9mushroom (talk) 16:18, 16 August 2018 (CEST)
- I don't have the game installed to check, but that doesn't sound right. From recollection a single Entropy missile can tear down 1/3 of the currently the active Disrupter Shield per missile. I have a feeling it might be another of those the exceptions that ignore the rules. NKF (talk) 07:27, 17 August 2018 (CEST)