Looks very interesting. Will definitely look into this, and possible creations made using it, next time i pull UFO:EU off the shelf. Which may be sooner than i thought!
Keep up the good work.
--Necuno 16:52, 17 March 2013 (EDT)
Hey Volutar, great work in updating MCDEdit and adding all the new features. I just got one question and 1 thingie that is irking me a bit. The question is: the slider below the LOFT window is only to see the shape from a different angle right (i.e. has no effect during the actual game)? And the thingie is that MCDEdit was originally created by Koralt but there's no mention of him as the original creator.
- Yeah. As it says - it rotates the VIEW. Just to get more complete impression of how does it look from other sides. It doesn't change LOFT values (it's just impossible, since there is no rotated version for each kind of layer).
- About MCDView tool by Koralt (btw running application title says MCDView, not MCDEdit). Perhaps I should've named my editor even more differently (specially after adding PCK edit mode) not to get them mixed. I suppose it worth to mention, that I didn't take a bit of code from it (I just couldn't, and it would be hilarious, since there's nothing special there). Actually I was looking at it NOT to make it look too similar. The only thing that resembles Koralt's tool is the list of attributes, which is obviously better to be seen as whole, not like some scrollable list. So I wouldn't say that my tool continues old one. But sure, it worth to mention that his tool was the only one out there for quite long time, the tool which could be used for tileset examination and some sort of editing (and it wasn't too handy for that).
- Ah, no issue then. I've just been using the Koralt's program for so long until yours came out that it suddenly felt weird but you've made a much more useful tool than Koralt's. Renaming would be a good idea but at the same time I doubt there are other people than me that would worry about this. Hobbes (talk) 09:24, 19 August 2014 (EDT)
- About features. I think I'm gonna stop on this 1.16 for a time being. I just don't know how make it even better, without getting into Map editor area (for proper preview of PCK changes "in the field", or LOFT overlook of map module, or even pathfinder preview). The main my concern here is the bugs. If there are any - please report. Cheers --Volutar (talk) 00:19, 19 August 2014 (EDT)
- I am in a middle of a discussion on the OXC forums with robin about two things that would be useful: the ability to edit/add new LOFT and Scang entries. The main issue is really that changing the .DAT files has effects on all the maps. As for bugs, I'll let you know if I find any. Hobbes (talk) 09:24, 19 August 2014 (EDT)
MCD Edit Bugs
- Fixed. Sorry for delay - was at holidays. --Volutar (talk) 06:41, 4 September 2014 (EDT)