XCOM: Enemy Within released
November 15th 2013
- And now it is the rest of the world's turn as Enemy Within receives its international release today. So get on and enjoy the all new features!
November 12th 2013
- XCOM Enemy Within is released in America with new features like the new human faction – EXALT, Base Defence and all new maps and council Missions. Enjoy the game and see you on the farm with the crashed UFO.
XCOM: Enemy Within Reviews!
November 11th 2013
- Several reviews of XCOM: Enemy Within have been published today. To read/see them, check Escapist Magazine ("All of the fun new toys, however, do work a bit against the game's biggest flaw - after a certain point of advancement, the challenge and satisfaction of snuffing aliens dissipates quickly."), Shacknews ("Firaxis once again manages to balance XCOM's disparate elements, resulting in a challenging and satisfying experience."), IGN ("Enemy Within is an amazing expansion to a brilliant tactical game.") and Strategy Informer ("I could go on about the virtues of Enemy Within, about how good it was to play through the whole campaign again, but ultimately it’ll come down to two factors: The fact that the ending hasn’t changed a bit, and the fact that, ultimately, you’re still playing the same game.", and Revision3 ("EW gets a 4 out of 5.").
The Bureau Expansion
November 8th 2013
XCOM Base Defense confirmed on EW
October 23th, 2013
- The newest preview videos released (here and here) have confirmed the addition of a Base Defense mission to XCOM: Enemy Within, a feature of the original game long called for by players. Check for more details on the Enemy Within page.
October 9th, 2013
- A new faction has been revealed for XCOM: Enemy Within, the upcoming XCOM: Enemy Unknown expansion. XCOM's new enemies are called EXALT and they're a secret paramilitary human group that is conspiring to use the alien technology and chaos of the invasion to achieve world domination. More details available at the Enemy Within page.
XCOM: Enemy Within details announced!
August 21st, 2013
- Producer 2K revealed details about XCOM: Enemy Within, the upcoming expansion to XCOM: Enemy Unknown. The main features are the addition of the Meld, a substance that allows you to create a new class (Mech Troopers), with new weapons and abilities or to genetically enhance your soldiers (Gene Mods), along with other features. The release date is November 12th (US) and 15th (rest of the world) and check the full details on the XCOM: Enemy Within page.
XCOM: Enemy Within will be revealed on August 21st
August 3rd, 2013
- Producer 2K has confirmed that it will reveal during Gamescom 2013 a new DLC for XCOM: Enemy Unknown called XCOM: Enemy Within.