Long War 2 released!
January 20th, 2017
- Pavonis Interactive, formerly Long War Studios, has released a new version of its famous Long War mod for XCOM 2. Long War 2 adds several new classes, equipment, research, aliens, missions and more, while increasing the duration of the game. Long War 2 can be downloaded through the Steam Workshop page.
November 11th, 2016
June 11th, 2016
- Steam have a one third off weekend special on XCOM 2 this weekend.
February 4th, 2016
- It is now possible to start the preload of XCOM 2 through Steam (~24.6 Gb download). Firaxis has already announced the release schedule for the different regions and has made available the ingame characters of the Development team for use in XCOM 2's Character Pool. Several reviews have been already released on the major gaming sites - some spoilers might be included on those, read at your own risk. Good luck commanders.
XCOM 2 - Join Us Or Become Them
December 12th, 2015
- The Official XCOM 2 "Retaliation" trailer has been released. You can check the video here and for more ingame action, you can check Beaglerush's XCOM 2 gameplay videos: War Hand, Blacksite and Legendary War Hand. XCOM 2 will be released on February 5th, 2016.
September 10th, 2015
- XCOM2 has been made available for pre-order on Steam in addition to XCOM: Enemy Unknown being free to play for all users until 10am PT on Sunday, September 13 with a 75% discount for anyone who purchases the game during the same period. This discount also applies to all downloadable content. Like the Elite Soldier Pack that came with pre-orders of Enemy Unknown, XCOM2 pre-orders come with the Resistance Warrior Pack which has more soldier customization options.
August 7th, 2015
- Firaxis has released new footage of the upcoming XCOM2 game, with a focus on the Avenger, the mobile base used by XCOM to fight the ADVENT forces. Highlights include a tour through the base facilities and XCOM's Chief Engineer and Scientist, as well as a display of the soldier customization and the strategic layer.
OpenTFTD Beta Released
August 4th, 2015
- The developers of OpenXcom have released the first Nightly (a.k.a. beta version) of OpenTFTD, an open source reimplementation of XCOM: Terror From The Deep. OpenTFTD comes included with the engine of regular OpenXcom and requires a copy of the original TFTD game to play.
XCOM 2 Gameplay Video Released
June 16th, 2015
- Firaxis has released the first video of XCOM 2 gameplay during the E3 2015 conference. The footage features a tactical mission where XCOM troops have to blow up an Advent target and it shows several enemies, including the Advent units of Soldier, Captain, Turret and MEC, as well as the Viper and the evolved Muton Berserker. The video also shows the new concealment/ambush mechanic, as well as a Gremlin hacking a turret and the Skyranger retrieval. It is also possible to see Officer Bradford ordering XCOM troops into action and a glimpse of the world under the alien occupation.
June 1st, 2015
- 2K and Firaxis have confirmed today on the XCOM official website [] the upcoming sequel to XCOM: Enemy Unknown. XCOM2 takes place 20 years after the events of the remake, where the aliens have taken over Earth and the remains of XCOM are waging a guerrilla war against the extraterrestrials. The game will feature new soldier classes, the return of the Snakemen along with other new aliens, procedure generated (random) maps, and will be exclusive to the PC with specific features for mod development. More features will be revealed soon on IGN .
May 29th, 2015
- Two clues at the Advent website have a series of letters that when combined produce "VIGILO CONFIDO", or the motto of Enemy Unknown 2012. It seems that a new XCOM game is under development and more details should be announced later.
May 27th, 2015
- 2K has released yesterday a link to a site that presents an alternate reality company called Advent Administration. Its contents have triggered speculation on the 2K official forums and Xcom subreddit that it is related to a new upcoming XCOM announcement. The site contains a rotating globe, pictures depicting a XCOM: Apocalypse style city, one of which seems to contain artwork already present on XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and a downloadable .pdf file uses a font called 'XCOM-Regular'. The site also appears to be under some sort of hacking by an unknown party, with its contents being replaced by phrases such as 'we are still watching'. While all of this is merely circumstantial evidence, 2K is expected to announce a major title on the next E3 Conference in 3 weeks so keep tuned for further details.