Input Device Reference (Apocalypse)
Keyboard And Mouse
- LMB = Left mouse button.
- RMB = Right mouse button.
- Ctrl = Control keyboard button.
- Shft = Shift keyboard button.
- Alt = Alt keyboard button.
- SB = Spacebar keyboard button.
- key1 + key2 or key1 - key2 = press and hold key1, press key2, release both.
- drag + key1 = press and hold key1 and move mouse to new area, release key1.
Note: these basic key presses are typical for computer players using a US-version keyboard and may not be the same UK-version keyboards, emulators, different computer formats (eg: Mac), game consoles etc.
Keyboard & Mouse Controls on StrategyCore.
Note: Shft-LMB = force fire, not Ctrl-LMB
- LMB Click+Drag cursor over units on the battlescape to quickly select multiple units irrelevant of which group they are in.
- RMB on a non X-Com unit to highlight them as a target.
- RMB will cancel a move order for your agents. It also will turn your agents to face a new direction if not moving.
- Alt-LMB is move-to-here when destination is already occupied by another unit.
- Hold down J, click LMB in the air next to the ledge or railing, release. To make a unit jump off something.
- Ctrl-LMB allows selecting multiple units.
Waypoints may be given to airbourne or road vehicles.
- Switch to overhead view.
- Give a vehicle a target destination (this can include "Attack" command).
- Click the "Move to Destination" button (next to "Move to Building" button)
- Hold down the control button (Ctrl) and LMB click somewhere on the overhead cityscape to add a waypoint.
- The yellow line shows the path the vehicle will take after you release the button.
- Close the mini screen with the "X", if it appeared.
Hold Fire Forced Fire
If hold fire is used (the "X" in shot types), but something needs to be shot:
- click LMB on agents weapon in their hand, white outline, click LMB on anything or
- hold down shift, click LMB on anything.
Constant fire is possible if you hold down LMB.
There is an error for an agent's actions if the target was selected via RMB.
More Symbols: User:EsTeR#Formating