This Wiki is a work in progress - all contributions to it are welcome as long as they are related with OpenApoc.
Feel free to add new pages, edit the current ones and to use the discussion tab to ask any questions.
OpenApoc is an open-source re-implementation of the original XCOM: Apocalypse that requires the original game files to run.
OpenApoc is under development, in Alpha state (this means playable but not all features implemented) Here whats left.
- Porting to a new crossplatform open-source engine
- Porting the game to any platform you like (windows, linux, android etc)
- Unlimited modding capabilities, which was not possible in the original
- Unlimited possibilities for game finesse
- Added Skirmish module
- Added full debug system
- Added full hotkey system
- Added more than 40 improvements already
- Support for more modern screen resolutions
- In mods we can restore cut gameplay mechanics and Julian Gollop's ideas (creator of the X-Com series).
- The project has Mr. Gollop's support!
We needs more programmers, so we finish the project faster. Help us bring more attention to OpenApoc!
Social pages (recent news)