Talk:Alien Life Forms (EU2012)
I have never heard of the Elite Muton, Ethereal or the Ethereal Uber confirmed in this game. Can anyone confirm these with valid sources? --Kokkan 06:03, 4 October 2012 (EDT)
- The 3 are confirmed, from several posts at the 2K forums and from the info on the demo files. The only doubt is about the name of the big Ethereal, the game code names it as Ethereal Uber but on the 2k forums I've seen 'Ethereal Commander' Hobbes 09:14, 4 October 2012 (EDT)
- Additional confirmation on all three of these, in case it was still in question. Final name for the upgraded Ethereal is "Uber Ethereal".
What do you guys think of a format like this? It makes each race a sub-section (I would recommend alphabetic), which could help with inter-wiki links from other pages. It gives the name, a quick couple sentences about the unit, bulleted list of abilities or special things about it, and then a thumbnail picture so you can see what it looks like.
- Good, keep it short (so that most of the content will be on the individual page about the alien). This page is more of a jump-off point to the individual alien races. Hobbes 06:31, 6 October 2012 (EDT)
- What do you guys like better? The white background solo pic, or the Research output dossier (like the THin Man)? I think I prefer the dossier, partly because I can't find white background solo pics for all the aliens, especially the not-yet-seen Ethereals. And partly because the pictures will end up having a standard size, format, set of info... Robbx213 23:58, 7 October 2012 (EDT)
- Imo. the white background images looks best, I guess there will be more of those when the game is released.--Kokkan 04:24, 8 October 2012 (EDT)
- About the Thin Man image... I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have those official materials, unless there's 1 for all of the races, which I doubt since they look more like promotion materials. But as a quick fix, it's perfect. Otherwise I prefer images with a black background (like the 2nd Cyberdisk pic) because it's easier to spot but that's minor details.
- There's only 1 type of Outsider, the crystal is *something* else (and a bit spoiler). I don't know also if it's better to remove the Uber Ethereal from the list since it's spoilers as well. I'm not sure actually of when w should start putting the really spoilerish stuff (like XCOM's objectives to win the game, which I already have a list on my computer). Hobbes 09:27, 8 October 2012 (EDT)
- I saw a video interview where Garth called the crystal an Outsider. And in a different video, I saw the crystal materialize into the humanoid "halo" paratrooper looking thing. Both were UFO crash missions. Maybe just put some ??? next to it for now and see if that turns out different after playing far enough in. I changed the Thin Man image just to be consistent with the others. I'm not sure of the dossier thing was promotional; I'm hoping that was sort of a screen shot of the report you get from interrogating them or doing corpse research. I'm guessing there will be some missing ones since we can't interrogate every alien nor recover a Cyberdisc corpse. That reminds me, I forgot to say discs explode on death. Robbx213 21:30, 8 October 2012 (EDT)
- I've read the ingame descriptions for both the Outsider and the crystal (they're on the demo) - the crystal is not an alien, if you want I can explain what it is exactly but it's a major spoiler. Hobbes 05:03, 9 October 2012 (EDT)
- OK, now I'm interested. Could you put it on my User talk page? I'm confused about having seen a video where it transforms, but it sounds like that's not supposed to be the case or something. I don't mind spoilers, so the User talk would probably be good, thank you :D Robbx213 08:46, 9 October 2012 (EDT)
Abilities, Bonuses, Defenses
Started adding in the Abilities and Bonuses that appear on the info panel of each enemy (the ones that appear after completing the autopsy). A number of the higher level enemies have an "Enemy Defense -xx%" under the Hit column but no corresponding entry under abilities or bonuses. I'm wondering if these values vary depending on the difficulty levels.
Capture Der Uber?
WARNING! MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR THE VERY END OF THE GAME MAY FOLLOW BELOW!!!
I've heared that if you manage to capture the Uber Ethereal instead of killing it you can get a better ending. Can anyone confirm this?--SuicidalSectoid 14:22, 31 October 2012 (EDT)
- Where did you hear it and what did it say exactly? Hobbes 08:51, 1 November 2012 (EDT)
- It's not a reliable source. A youtube comment. And even that was something someone heard from somewhere else. The comment itself was pretty much just what I said. I just want to know wether there was any truth to it.--SuicidalSectoid 13:15, 1 November 2012 (EDT)
Sounds n calls
Wondering if we can extract the various sounds the aliens make durring Alien Activity from the game files. Veteran players prolly can tell the various Mutons and Floaters apart from one another, but would be cool to add each species' call to theri page, so players can figure out what they're up against (since the Hyperwave only tells the numbers and contents of fallen UFOs).--Xuncu 20:40, 15 June 2013 (EDT)