- 1 Rolling back NKF
- 2 Updates to UBK
- 3 Security Turrets in Alien Dimension (Apoc)
- 4 Zorium and Apoc Power
- 5 The pistol gif
- 6 Hi Magic9mushroom i can sand u converted Apoc files
- 7 Yes i forgot to say that its graphics
- 8 Also about Unit Stat Box (EU2012) that used in XCom2 they became outdated
- 9 strange beacose i take color samples from apoc game interface
- 10 Request - Apoc'd
- 11 Overspawn Bug Deletion
Rolling back NKF
Hi, and thanks for the heads-up. But my stance is to trust that wikipedia's What adminship is not still applies here, particularly when it says that "An admin is just a normal user with a mop and a bucket." Are you implying that here they are exempt from the practice of resolving disputes through discussion? Anyway, IMO that stage wasn't reached yet, and i see no point worrying about "what if NKF disagrees about my revert?" until i'll know that he does... -- Jokes_Free4Me (talk) 22:05, 9 April 2015 (EDT)
- I was not implying that NKF is exempt from resolving disputes through discussion. I was merely suggesting for the future that engaging in such discussion - on his talk page, perhaps - might be more prudent and courteous than rolling him back while yelling at him in all-caps. Magic9mushroom (talk) 22:07, 11 April 2015 (EDT)
Updates to UBK
Hey, I was looking at your "rewrite" section of the Base Layout Strategy:Talk page. I noticed that you used "lab"s as the default place holder to indicate any facility. I have the image assets available to create an "empty room" tile that could be added to the UBK if you are interested. I reworked the UBK for the XPiratez mod of OpenXcom, and created all the tiles there, so it would be quite easy. Template:UBK_Piratez
- Well, I didn't make the UBK - NKF did - so he'd probably be the one to ask. I'm not sure it'd really clear anything up, though; since UBK's a copy of in-game pics, you'd still probably have to explain what the weird new graphic is. Magic9mushroom (talk) 23:54, 27 April 2016 (UTC)
- Fair enough. :) Thanks for all the great work you have done to continue to make the Ufopaedia a vital resource --IvanDogovich (talk) 04:05, 28 April 2016 (UTC)
Security Turrets in Alien Dimension (Apoc)
Ill try and screengrab a pic at some point, but there are disrupter pods on some alien buildings in battlescape These do indeed fire if agents get close on UK CD-ROM (Original release) version
EDIT: These are the turrets... https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/376028757183561728/481796205697957888/unknown.png?width=884&height=683
Zorium and Apoc Power
Hi magic9mushroom the final release does not contain this information no, but as we are talking about cut features i'm including the cut lore Reason for linking the One Way to Win stuff was it refers to the eras of apoc development in which this was all covered I'm trying to think of a way that this can all be incorporated without a long winded explanation Will message again when ive had a think
No problem I have adjusted things to be clearer; let me know your thoughts.
- That makes more sense. Remind me where it says that the Alien Dimension is becoming inhospitable? Magic9mushroom (talk) 14:09, 17 August 2019 (CEST)
The pistol gif
- I believe you. It's just that if anyone can see it, the problem is likely on your end. Magic9mushroom (talk) 22:38, 21 February 2020 (UTC)
Hi Magic9mushroom i can sand u converted Apoc files
Hi Magic9mushroom i can sand u converted Apoc files here https://my-files.su/fyc4xb
Yes i forgot to say that its graphics
Yes i forgot to say that its graphics ... you can join our discord and some ppl can help you with code etc https://discord.com/invite/f8Rayre i cant say about psionics for sure...
Also about Unit Stat Box (EU2012) that used in XCom2 they became outdated
Also about Unit Stat Box (EU2012) that used in XCom2 they became outdated so if u can modify them here good example from https://xcom.fandom.com/wiki/Faceless_(XCOM_2)?action=edit
strange beacose i take color samples from apoc game interface
strange beacose i take color samples from apoc game interface
Request - Apoc'd
- Yes. Savedgames -> desired savegame -> Organised Crime. Set the organisation to the one you want to raid you, the target to the desired X-COM base, the action to Raid or Storm, and the time remaining to something other than 0.
- Note that if the organisation is not hostile, the invaders will count as neutrals and neither they nor your forces will open fire immediately. If you want to simulate a real base defence, you need to annoy them first (pointless investigations are the simplest way). Magic9mushroom (talk) 09:18, 15 July 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks, that worked fine for a new game, but it doesn't seem to work when I try it with my existing game that's currently at Week 6 (I've even tried waiting for the next day and there's still no raid).
- That aside, I've discovered two pieces of random and probably useless information while fiddling around with this: setting the raiding Organisation to "X-COM" or "Civilian" will get you the "base under attack" screen followed by the time jumping forward straight to the first Alien Alert, while setting it to "Alien" will get your base attacked by the crew of a Mothership. Yes, crew, not infiltration force, so there will be Megaspawn and Psimorphs. Darkpast (talk) 19:18, 15 July 2020 (UTC)
- Dunno what's going on there; all I can say is it works fine for me even in games that have been going on for a while. Megapol doesn't seem to want to launch illegal flyers, but otherwise it seems to work. Magic9mushroom (talk) 08:59, 16 July 2020 (UTC)
Overspawn Bug Deletion
No evidence? The purple segments (multiple with various window patterns) of transtellar apartments et al. on the superhuman map (located up near the north-east corner) will have an overspawn just walk straight thru the building AND any other building that has those particular segments. Craft stop firing because the overspawn is inside the segment. I'm sure this that is a bug in all sense of the word. I request you put that listing back.
Please use a little more caution in future.
- Lolz, ironic echo. Nice.
- More seriously, insofar as the segments are set to be able to be walked through that's technically not a bug (the program is doing what it's told, it's just told to do something dumb). Just about anything you can fix with Apoc'd is not strictly a bug for this reason (as Apoc'd only changes data tables, not code). You only mentioned trees, which probably were deliberately made walkable so as not to slow down the Overspawn destroying them - I've also seen that the roads are set this way (though the supports for them are not) which may also be deliberate. If you'd mentioned those buildings rather than ranting about "a big ugly baby" in mainspace I would have been less inclined to just blank it.
- Now, the thing with the purple buildings is an anomaly and could be considered a design flaw, so feel free to put that under that heading. Suggesting making all tiles unwalkable for the Overspawn is probably a cure worse than the disease, though. Magic9mushroom (talk) 13:24, 6 August 2020 (UTC)
Thanks for the prompt reply. I've tried to inject a little humour with that baby reference but this place serious business. Point Noted. "...technically not a bug (the program is doing what it's told, it's just told to do something dumb)..." quite so.
- It's not so much that the whole place is super serious - humour's fine in talk pages and some of the less precise or opinion articles (see: Weapon Analysis). But Known Bugs is a pretty crucially important page and being exact is necessary to avoid confusion. Magic9mushroom (talk) 15:03, 6 August 2020 (UTC)