Plasma Sniper Rifle (EU2012)
|Project Osprey Results|
Perhaps it was inevitable that we eventually be called upon to develop a weapon of this kind, just as we did with the advent of laser based weapons. By concentrating our efforts on a single, focused discharge of plasma, and ignoring some of the previous design constraints regarding size, weight, and rate of fire, we've developed an extremely lethal long range weapon. Our snipers will undoubtedly be pleased with this weapon's ability to devastate hostile targets from previously unheard of distances. In any case, this weapon is now ready for fabrication in engineering.
Source: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012) Research Archives
By modifying our current power system to hold a greater charge, we've developed a Plasma Sniper Rifle capable of delivering an extremely powerful shot that will greatly increase the odds of inflicting critical damage to hostile targets.
Source: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012)
- Naturally, the Plasma Sniper Rifle can only be equipped by the Sniper class.
- This weapon is a game changer when it is first deployed due to its power, although its effectiveness will be reduced as the aliens field more heavier and better armored units.
- While the listed Critical Damage (on the EW DLC) is 14-16, the actual values are 13 (33% of the shots) or 15 (66%) due to a bug.
- If the Sniper is equipped with a S.C.O.P.E., and the S.C.O.P.E Upgrade has been acquired, the Critical Chance for that Sniper raises to 45%. Flanking/Exposed shots add another 50%.
- If the Second Wave option, Absolutely Critical is chosen, even Hardened aliens can succumb to regular crits!
- Plasma Sniper Rifle research benefits from the following Research Credits: Plasma Weapons, Weapons Technology, All Technology.
- On the Enemy Within DLC, the building costs for each Plasma Sniper Rifle have been increased to §375, 60 Elerium and 50 Alloys.