Situation Room (Long War)
In the Situation Room, you can follow in detail your progress so far, both politically and financially. Countries will have the appropriate color depending on their panic level. UFOs and current mission sites will also be visible on this screen. Furthermore, your current story objectives will be shown in the panel below the screen, where you can consult them at your leisure.
- Launch Satellite. Allows you to launch satellites above XCOM countries. Requires construction of satellites, as well as a sufficient number of available space provided by Satellite Uplinks and Nexuses. In principle, it is possible to launch a satellite over a continent that does not have interceptor protection, but in this case it is likely that it will be quickly destroyed by an alien UFO.
- Bonuses. View available bonuses: 1) starting; 2) those that countries provide for the satellite launched above them; 3) continental bonuses, obtained by full satellite coverage over a continent.
- View XCOM Finances. View data on monthly funding, as well as on monthly expenses for aircraft and facility maintenance.
- Visit the Gray Market. Sell recovered alien artifacts as well as manufactured items. See Gray Market (Long War).
- Covert Operations. When EXALT comes into play, you will be able to launch Covert Operations just like in vanilla, though beware - if you wrongly accuse a country of harboring their HQ, the country will leave the Council with immediate effect and the aliens will build a base there. It will also add 50 research points to the aliens' total research, making it a very costly option to gain access to more alien bases and resources. See Covert Operations (Long War).
- Pending Requests. A little shield represents the country's ability to defend itself from the alien incursions. Fulfilling Council requests from that country fills the shield by 10% increasing that country's ability to resist panic increases caused by alien activity and helps protect any satellites overhead from detection by alien scouts. Starting with just satellite coverage requests, the extent of possible requests will grow due to Research.