The Harvester has a trap door in its base and is equipped with lifting gear to haul up cattle or other beasts. Laser cutters are used to extract the desired material and the carcass is dumped on the ground. There are also storage containers for body parts.
The Harvester is usually operated by Floaters, with occasional joyrides by other races.
|Weapon Range(range units)||160|
|UFO Downed points||250|
|UFO Destroyed points||500|
Alien Harvest missions, if sucessful will give you -30 points
The Harvester, or "Winchester Mansion of the Stars," is widely accepted as proof that the concept of "lowest bidder" is known and feared throughout the galaxy. The internal layout is confusing at best, bordering on schizophrenic. The craft has more grav-lift wells than it has floors. The southern entryway is completely isolated from the rest of that floor, requiring one to ascend to the first floor then back down to move between them. On the second floor, there is a door that opens to nothing but the floor below. (Since the floor below encompasses the Alien Surgery, it might be assumed that this is some sort of Floater Viewing Deck for dissections? Sort of like the observations rooms in human hospitals?) On the third floor is a bridge larger than the command chamber of the Battleship. ... In addition, the Harvester has the unique privelege of having the same number of Power Sources as the Avenger... but has 10 times the UFO Navigations. Now we know why Floaters are prone to start games of "hunt the alien"... they get lost easily without navigational aid.
- If you have heavy plasma here, use it to make some new doors-- particularly on the ground floor, where you may want an access point between the southern lift chamber and the rest of that deck.
- Flying units may want to use the deadfall door above the harvesting chamber to access the first floor.
- Keep in mind that floaters (and Ethereals, if you catch them slumming in this ship) can use that deadfall door without trouble.
- With the labyrinthian structure, it might be better just to set up an ambush around both exits, or just block the southern exit's grav lift, taking advantage of the elevator shields, and ambush the Eastern exit.
|UFO Power Source||$250,000||2||$500,000|
Also see UFO Recovery Values.
* Needs testing to determine actual number.