- Council Rewards:
- 2 Engineers
- Starting Location: this map will always have you start on the right side, with the train on the right side as well.
- This mission will be given in the month after rescuing Zhang (if Friends in Low Places is successfully completed in the first month, it will be in the second).
- To complete the mission, all that is required is to place the 4 transmitters, and get 1 soldier into the conductor's cabin at the front of the train: aliens can still be onscreen, and will disappear once a soldier is in the highlighted area. You can take advantage of this by having your trooper with the highest move be ready to make a dash for it before placing the last transmitter.
- Thin Men will be in preseeded locations, including:
- To the left of the train, on the middle platform, in sight shortly before the first transmitter spot.
- Another in the train, visible from the transmitter spot.
- Depending on difficulty setting, more either in the train or on the center platform.
- Mutons will teleport in on a beam of light (possibly referencing the opening animation of the 1994 game), almost always after a placed transmitter, and immediately go into Overwatch. Capturing/interrogating one can thus get you an early lead on Plasma Weapons research.
- After the first transmitter is placed, the first Muton will beam in nearby on the center platform, between the blue box and the benches: an excellent opportunity to go for a stun, if you have the soldier carrying the Arc Thrower ready at the blue box before placing the transmitter.
- Other Mutons may beam in on any of the raised structures, most commonly the two on the right platform.
- Another common point is between the two structures on the right, near the shrub.
- One of the last Mutons will spawn on top of the train, near where the yellow kiosks on the middle platform are.
- The Mutons will most often teleport in within line-of-sight, but if you manage to make forward progress without triggering their overwatch, and get out of sight, they seem not to give chase.
- This mission has a 10 round limit (7 for the achievement), and placing a transmitter does not increase the limit.
- Thusly: just running, and Hunkering or Overwatching, may be the best option instead of standing and fighting. Either way, be careful to not let soldiers get flanked from either side.