UFO Incursions (Apocalypse)
This page lists the types of UFO incursions, the craft involved on each alien mission and their specific roles.
Each incursion fleet will consist of 1-7 craft, each with a specific composition and role than can be consulted on the tables below. Each force will consist of UFOs with a primary mission which can be Infiltration, Subversion, Attack and Overspawn Drop. Usually there will also be additional craft flying as escorts and in a few cases an Infiltration or Overspawn Drop force will also have craft assigned to Attack hostile buildings.
The composition of the fleets depends on the UFOs available at the Alien Dimension. Thus, certain fleets will only appear after a certain date.
The game seems to choose randomly the mission from a list of 10 missions that at game start will consist of only Infiltration ones. As the weeks go this list is changed and other missions are added to that list, although the probability of them occuring will initially be 1 in 10.
- The presence of Transporters or Assault Ships on a group of UFOs will confirm that its primary mission is infiltration.
- A group composed of a Battleship and an Alien Escort Ship will also indicate an infiltration mission.
- Subversion fleets can appear from Week 5 onwards.
- UFO fleets made solely of Probes, Scout Ships and Battleships are set on Subversion missions.
- Attack fleets appear from Week 4 onwards.
- UFO incursions composed only of Fast-Attack Ships or Destroyers have Attack missions.
- Overspawn drops can appear from Week 8 onwards.