A hulking monstrosity, Muton Berserkers are modified Mutons who are consumed by a constant seething rage and hatred for all things human. They are given very tough armor in order to survive focus fire that usually comes their way.
Instead of a gun these Mutons are given fist mounted blades that can tear even the toughest soldiers to shreds. Instead of reaction fire, Muton Berserkers will run (during your turn) after the last unit that shot them, ready to shear them up next turn. Kill them quickly, as an instant death at their hands is a looming occurrence for any soldiers that stand in their way. They do tend to run straight into ambushes though, keeping your squad on overwatch can severely weaken or even kill Berserkers as soon as they are within firing range. Laser weapons are often enough to kill Berserkers but you will need extremely tough armour (Titan Armor is enough to barely survive their blades) or Chitin Plating in order to survive surprise attacks from these titanic terrors.
|Weapon||Base Damage||Critical Damage||Critical Chance|
|Muton Blade||8-10||13 or 15||33|
- Berserkers will first appear on July (vanilla) or October (Marathon).
- On Classic and Impossible difficulties the damage of the Muton Blade is increased by +1 and +3, respectively.
- If killed during a successful mission a Berserker Corpse will be recovered.
- If captured during a mission and interrogated afterwards they will provide a reduction in the time required to research advanced armors (Titan Armor upwards).
- The red armor of the Berserkers and Elites may be referencing the Red-Suited Commander Muton (AKA Mr. Angry Red Suit), only seen during the intro of the 1994 game.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012): Aliens|
|Aliens:||Sectoid • Floater • Thin Man • Outsider • Muton • Chryssalid • Zombie • Sectoid Commander • Cyberdisc • Heavy Floater • Berserker • Sectopod • Drone • Muton Elite • Ethereal • Uber Ethereal (*Spoilers*) • Mechtoid (EW DLC) • Seeker (EW DLC)|
|Alien Corpses:||Sectoid Corpse • Floater Corpse • Thin Man Corpse • Muton Corpse • Chryssalid Corpse • Drone Wreck • Cyberdisc Wreck • Sectoid Commander Corpse • Heavy Floater Corpse • Berserker Corpse • Muton Elite Corpse • Sectopod Wreck • Ethereal Corpse • Seeker Wreck (EW DLC) • Mechtoid Core (EW DLC)|
|Data:||Overview of Aliens • Alien Stats • Alien Objectives • Alien Deployment|