Official Entry:"Megapol not only runs the city police force and prison service, it also manufactures vehicles, weapons and munitions. It directly competes with the Marsec corporation for lucrative markets in the mining colonies and Mega-Primus. The major problems for Megapol are the criminal gangs that distribute Psiclone and the UFO incursions which are regarded as a threat to city security. Police vehicles bravely intercept UFOs as they materialize from the Dimensional Gates, but they are woefully under equipped to deal with them."
- Megapol runs the city's police, fire, and ambulance services, as well as producing some of the more important weapons and equipment in the game.
- They start out friendly or allied to X-COM, and it is generally advisable for X-COM to maintain good relations, especially early in the game.
- Hostile relations will prohibit X-COM from buying Megapol equipment, including staples such as Megapol Armor, stunning weapons, and many basic craft weapons.
- Megapol is just as aggressive as the gangs. It is three times more likely to raid its enemies and will sometimes employ vehicles to attack their buildings.
- Megapol police officers are well-equipped and are deployed in large numbers. Unfortunately, they do not assist X-COM Agents during investigations.
- Police cars are constantly patrolling the streets of Mega-Primus and will engage any vehicles belonging to an organization hostile to Megapol, including Alien craft - and X-COM's, should relations turn hostile. Police Hovercars are on standby across the city and will scramble to engage hostile fliers.
- Megapol begins the game with a very large vehicle park. Apart from said police cars, it includes one or more Hawk Air Warriors and Valkyrie Interceptors. They will normally be deployed if Megapol's buildings are threatened, but may also be used offensively if enough Police Hovercars have been destroyed.
- If desperate, X-COM can obtain all the agents' equipment listed below by raiding Megapol, and some of the more common weapons can also be found by raiding other organizations.
- Vehicle Equipment
- Agents Equipment
Megapol is the most disliked organization on Mega-Primus, drawing the ire of its six starting enemies together with the Androids of S.E.L.F. and the Hybrids of Mutant Alliance. It will be a major player during the Cityscape Fighting.