Money is the lubrication that makes the cogs move in Mega-Primus. Organisations within the city expect a corporate environment conducive for generating lots of money ...until someone causes an interuption to the flow, which they then become a problem which needs 'fixing'.
Relationships In Mega-Primus
Attitudes between two organisations can be normalised as:
- Friendly, Neutral or Unfriendly: which means the either company does not concern itself with matters of the other.
- Allied: where a company will concern itself with matters which have (if any) negatively affected their business partner.
- Hostile: where two organisations hate each other and will actively try to destroy not only the others wealth but also their very existance in Mega-Primus.
Relations At The Start
Normalised relations before any modifiers have been applied:
1 Mutant Alliance and S.E.L.F. are set to start slightly friendly to X-Com. However, due to the randomization that happens to every organization's value to another at start they might begin the game with a negative value towards X-Com.
Note: An organisation cannot be eliminated from Mega-Primus. They will always exist and will always be a problem if they remain hostile.
Representation Of Attitudes
|Allied||+75 to +100|
|Friendly||+25 to +74|
|Neutral||-24 to +24|
|Unfriendly||-49 to -25|
|Hostile||-100 to -50|
Note: X-Com's attitude towards others is not shown in the chart below since the player is in control.
- Numbers listed in bold do not get modified at game start.
Note: Any organisation listed cannot hate itself. They will always be +100 (allied) with themselves.
The calculation used for modifying the final relationship corresponds to the Difficulty:
- 0=Novice, 1=Easy, 2=Medium, 3=Hard, 4=Superhuman.
1. Attitudes are randomised +/- 10 for Normalised Relations (see chart above).
2. Attitudes (except X-Com) are randomised better or worse, limited by (5 x Difficulty).
3. Attitudes (except Aliens) are randomly worsened, limited by (5 x Difficulty).
4. Attitudes between Organisations are randomly improved, limited by (3 x Difficulty).
5. X-Com's attitude to all others is then modified depending on Difficulty:
The Chart: organisation at left likes/dislikes organisation at top, by value.
|Cult of Sirius||-50||+100||0||0||+100||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
Friends And Enemies
- Any relationship may be one-sided. If one corporation likes/hates another, that same attitude may not be the other corporation's attitude to the former. eg: the Aliens are indifferent (neutral) to Cult Of Sirius but the cultists revere (allied to) the aliens.
- Organisations which have a particular attitude of each other may not have the same attitude towards others.
eg: Psyke and Transtellar are hostile to each other. Transtellar is hostile to Cyberweb but Psyke is only unfriendly to Cyberweb. Cyberweb is hostile to both. If Cyberweb attacks Psyke, Transtellar will view that attack on their enemy (Psyke) as a positive action by Cyberweb. Transtellar may now have have a slightly less hatred for Cyberweb! ...basically:
the enemy of my enemy is my friend
Keep Your Friends Close
Is it important to remain on good terms certain organisations which provide X-Com with a needed service or who provide goods on the market. The most important non-hostile to have is Megapol. If they are hostile they will attack your crafts whenever they approach any policecar or will be chased by police hovercars if you get close to whereever the hovercar(s) is parked.
If Megapol is hostile to others which provide Goods And Services to X-Com, those transport crafts (Air-Trans and Auto-Taxi) will be targeted by Megapol for destruction ...no refunds!
Buying Better Relationships
Relations may be repaired towards a more positive attitude for X-Com regarding any organisation which is not allied to (alien friends) or under control by the aliens.
Offer Cash Settlement
X-Com may offer a cash
bribe donation to a company which will improve X-Com's relationship to a more positive attitude for every bribe until that organisation is allied. The relationship changes to the next positive level. eg: unfriendly to neutral, neutral to friendly, etc. for each offer made by X-Com.
The amount of the cash offered will depend on how many extra relation-points are needed to upgrade to the next level.
- Is always available to attempt, but may not be accepted. Organizations that are allied to the aliens will always refuse.
X-Com may be
demanded offered to make a payment to an aggrieved organisation to reset relations to a neutral level.
Note: Buying off (offer cash settlement) any organisation that X-Com has made hostile may be a waste of money if the company demands a compensation payout in the near future. Paying their demand will reset relations to a neutral level irrelevant to which relationship level you achieved with your donations.
- Is randomly 'offered' and only from hostile organisations.
Cult Of Sirius
The Cult Of Sirius may demand compensation from X-Com due to killing aliens. This temporary relations boost allows 'certain raiding actions' without their usual hostility ...until more aliens are killed.
A cityscape option of easily turning friends into enemies by using their friend's crafts to forment trouble.