Once a Tentaculat attacks, the victim will turn into a zombie that becomes a new Tentaculat if it's killed. Zombies cannot be stunned or captured, nor do they ever leave Zombie corpses.
TUs: 40 Health: 84 Energy: 110 Reactions: 40 Strength: 84 Bravery: 110 MC Skill: N/A MC Strength: 80 Armor (all sides): 4 Energy Recharge: 20 Victory Points: 18 Aggression: 2 Intelligence: 3 Damage: 84 Melee: 80% TUs: 15
The following are some miscellaneous notes. Zombies:
- Take 0.6x damage from AP ammunition, 0.8x damage from High Explosives and 0.7x damage from Gauss and Sonic ammunitions.
- Full damage from Phosphour weapons and from melee drills.
- Hit does 1.2x damage to un-armoured Aquanauts and 0.9x damage to SWSs.
- Are not affected by stun weapons. However, they still receive a small portion of Stun damage from conventional weapons.
- Have a melee attack equal to its strength (strong).
- Are very slow, so they can be outrun.
- Can be mind-controlled.
- Have constant stats regardless of the original human's skills or difficulty level.
- If the killing shot is of an Incendiary nature, the Tentaculat does not hatch. The corpse generated from killing a Zombie will look like a Tentaculat and the death scream will sound like that of a human.
- Research seems to indicate (in X-COM EU) that if you don't shoot the zombies, they will never hatch on their own. This, however, is contrary to many eye-witness accounts.
- When you eventually kill it, make sure to have enough soldiers and TUs to kill the resulting Tentaculat too.
- An exploit exists whereby it is possible to gain permanent control of a Tentaculat (see below).
- There is no in game UFOPedia entry for the Zombie, as it can neither be killed nor captured. Data corruption can provide a Zombie research topic, but this crashes the game.
Note: Not to be confused with Zombie, the user, Longtime X-COM community member, tactician and number cruncher.
|Terror From The Deep|
|Aliens||Aquatoid • Gillman • Lobster Man • Tasoth • Mixed Crew|
|Terror Units||Bio-Drone • Calcinite • Deep One • Hallucinoid • Tentaculat • Zombie • Triscene • Xarquid|
|Data||TFTD Alien Stats • Alien Rank • TFTD Damage Modifiers • TFTD Alien Appearance Ratios • SWS/Terror Unit Innate Weapons|